Set gain with Clamp Meter?

Carbon

In his original post he said sub rms was 1500 stock and close to 2k since it has all the options, thats what I was going by...but Carbon, you could always try that, wire to 2 ohm first and then if you want more (which we all do lol) try and wire it down and see how it takes it.

The sub can handle 1000w, For some reason I thought it was 1500.

Also

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/5k.html

http://store.ficaraudio.com/ssd18/

A stock SSD is 1K with options maybe 1500 but even with that the DC will do well over the noted 2300 and even if it didn't why push the sub and risk destroying a new sub for no reason. Push it how it likes it and then upgrade subs when the time comes. I don't know the fascination with overpowering subs but unless you are really a pro at this I wouldn't suggest it the only reason most people can do it is because they know how to work the knob. I would say 2 ohm it and be happy knowing you can push em hard.

*EDIT* I typed this before I saw your post about it being only 1K lol.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Strangeduck, your correct, I will be getting SP4s later this year. Right now I'm on a budget so I got a couple of ssds to play with :)

Only thing is at 2 ohms I would be getting 1,150 Before Box rise and voltage drop...

Edit: I dont know if that would push the subs hard enough. I'd be lucky to hit a 120 legal :P

You

Cant count on box rise

And voltage drop???

Sub rated at 1000 and amp it'll do 1150 that's a good match why the need to over power?

I paid for all the options on the sub, I thought that the upgraded coil, spider, cooling etc would translate to the sub taking more power...

Archived