Sundown Audio

C1100.4 noise? Other amps no noise?

Mikey Bates

So I used to have a cheap authored mm75.4. Got it for good price and good upgrade from deck power. Got a c1100.4 and now I'm getting some noise ( when everything is of there is some low static, but when I speed up RPMs a high pitch noise follows the RPMs. If that makes sense. I just put a mb quart 60.4 in ( friends that hasn't been installed and the noise is gone. Same grounds same everything, except amp. Thoughts? Only thing I think is the crescendo is way nicer and more accurate idk. Speakers wires like shit small and cheap FYI. New speakers aren't in yet just wondering what it could be thanks!

try grounding the RCA's like so, see if it goes away.

groundloop.jpg

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

It's just ground noise or alternator whine probably, try grounding rca's or if your speaker wire is crappy the thin insulation can let interference in. I'd upgrade the speaker wire and speakers before I worried about a little alternator whine.

I'm just wondering why it did this with everything the exact same except the amp. And only happened on the c1100 not the other two.. Could it be the RCA connector style in the amp? I was watching a damore engineering video explain the different rcas twisted and coaxial rcas how some amps are different

The crappy thing is it could be 1 of a million things with something like that, Your going to have to track it down and tell us what it was. Could be that since it's higher wattage you can hear it now. Could be the rca's it could be not a strong enough ground lol.

Could the ground be sufficient enough for the smaller amps and not the bigger one? That's what your sayin? Should t be RCAs unless its the thing I was saying about the different kinds, differential inputs or the other one lol. And don't think it's higher wattage so I can hear it now, same speakers so if my amp was turned up the way it should be they would probably blow, it's backed down quite a bit

Bigger amp draws more power right? so wouldn't it need a bigger ground? I'm sorry I can't just say what it is bro, your going to have to hunt it down and pin point it. It's going to be something simple when you find it but it's almost impossible to diagnose it via the internet.

Yeah agree it's more power. But technically since its not gain matched, and severely turned down, it's not producing that power right? And I was just looming for a general idea if it was something easy to someone to diagnose. Will keep posted if I find any thing out. Until me new speakers and new big speakers wire goes in idk. But I'm doing new speakers and will be running it at full power and will have nice big ofc wire, and will have 1/0 running to it off a rear battery. Off a better ground ( though the ground now is awesome IMO) will keep posted though... Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So I just hooked up two 6 ft Knu Kord 16 gauge wire to some Nendo ft1 tweets and still getting the hissing. Even very low gain. But I did notice with the car off that there is no hissing ( and as said before the hissing pitch goes up with rpm ) new thoughts? Could it be a ground up under the good? I have no clue lol have reg rounded the amp but figured I'd check in

Archived