Sonic Electronix

questions about re audio....

Alright so I'm new to re audio.. I traded a jl 300/4 amp for a pair of re srx15's that are dual 2 ohm. i also purchased a re xtx5000.1 which is suppose to be 1200 watts at 2 ohm which I know need to calculate in for box rise and voltage drop and all that but seems like it lacks power. So my main question is how over rated is this amp truly and would i be better off switching it out for my rockford t1500.1bdcp thats in my other vehicle now? Any help would be much appreciated.

Alright i was kind of thinking that. the xtx5000.1 pushes them pretty good but seems like its a little muddy. i know my rockford on my two rockford t1 12s is really clean and loud so maybe i just need to spend the money on another bd amp :shrug:

Yeah im thinking the amp but not for sure yet. Are the woofers i have decent? they seem like they have the potential to be loud and sound good not sure they can compare to my other vehicle though.

I have 2 srx12 d4s. Running off an audiopipe 1800.1. They do work at around rated but I was told the surrounds go to shit when you run them at 2x rated power even though the rest of the sub can take it no problem. I've really only heard a couple other systems and none really got as loud or sounded as good. My buddy has an RE XXX18 on an xtx 5000.1 and as far as I can tell that amp does not do the sub any justice. It gets loud and sounds O.K. but given the choice I would run a different amp. It seems way underpowered. As much as people bash on the newer RE equipment I like the subs for the price you can get them at used. I would be wary of giving them anymore power than you are.

Current System:

Clarion CZ702

Stock 5 channel amplifier

Infinity Reference 4022i 4"

GRS 6.5"

Audiopipe 1800.1

2 RE Audio SEX V2's In a 4th order ported though the armrest

2003 130 Amp Toyota Highlander alternator

Archived