Second Skin Audio

What do you think?

I had to build a new box for my 4 Memphis PR 10's because the old one got covered in mold while sitting during my engine rebuild. I went a little smaller than last time around but stayed sealed. Now that it's built I'm questioning if I shouldn't have just went ported instead so here's my question. If Memphis calls for these subs to be in 1.5 ft^3 ea (gross) and tuned at 42hz would it still sound good if there were in .9 ft^3 ea (net) and tuned to ~35hz? The box is already built and I'm not going to build another so if it's not going to sound good I'll just leave it but I have 2 4" aero ports just sitting in my garage and was thinking about putting them in. I put the numbers in Torres to see how it worked out and here are the results:

EclipseBox_zpsa1727907.jpg

I forgot to check the box that the subs face upwards but when I went to do it again it didn't change anything so I didn't bother uploading another screen shot.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

i'd go with one 6" port instead.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Would it matter if I just used PVC then? I already have the 4" aero's which is why I was gonna use them but I could pick up 6" pvc in town.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Do 3 subs and the two 4" ports you already have on those 3.5 cubes and will work ok, better build a proper box for all 4 subs. a 6" port will be better than the 4"s only if it is also flared.

Archived