Need mids and tweets

jonnylowkon

I have a sundown 100.4d I need to run 2 sets of mids and tweets... One set for the front and one set for the rear. Now I really wanted to go with sundown audio's sa6.5cs since everything else i have is sundown but at 199 a set ouch for my budget... Doesn't leave much for my HU.. So what other options do I have that will keep up with a single 12Z.V3 and a SD1500V2? I planned on using the 100.4 crossovers so maybe running the tweets down on 2ohms on the 1-2 channels and then running the mids down to 2 ohms on channels 3-4 .. All this is being run in my 2 dr gmc yukon

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

For the amount of power you have, and wanting to wire down to 2 ohm, it will be more difficult to to find a component set under $200 that can handle your amp power without going to the pro audio PA style stuff, example, crescendo PWX's, super tweets, and other brands with like products. Which will not have the SQ that a true component set has to offer.

XS-power1.jpg

For the amount of power you have, and wanting to wire down to 2 ohm, it will be more difficult to to find a component set under $200 that can handle your amp power without going to the pro audio PA style stuff, example, crescendo PWX's, super tweets, and other brands with like products. Which will not have the SQ that a true component set has to offer.

Well I can always hang back on the gain an not beat them to death... I was just thinking of that would be my wiring option to run 4 mids an 4 tweets off the 100.4

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

that amp is 100 x 4 correct?

If thats the case, and your running 2 sets of mids and tweets, you should be in 4 ohm

What I was thinking is 4 tweets total on channel 1-2. Two tweets per side.. 4 ohm wired down to 2 ohm to get a good amount of power to them.. So 2 tweets per side and use the crossovers in the amp to filter out the unwanted freq.

Then use the 3-4 channel to power 4 mids and as the same as above an use the crossovers and wire down to 2 ohm to get a good amount of power to them and be able to control the gain levels separate on the tweets and the mids ...

Does this sound like a good plan or am I missing something?

The amp is the 100.4d so it can be used as two separate amps and has the crossover control I think I need

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

I personally would be saving up for the best HU you can afford and then start planning your system with in your budget. Sounds like you have the sub & amp already? You are going to need some quality components and amp to keep up with that much base. I would take my time on the build and but stuff as you can afford it and install it all at once(less vehicle tear downs) but thats just my opinion. Plus it will give you time to research components that are out there and plan for a budget.

Yea sundown12zv3 sub an sundown 1500v2 and I'm goin with kenwood x597 head unit so mids and tweets r left to get

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

I would still save up and buy 1 set at a time until you had everything you wanted. Rear fill last anyways. Tear down and installs take time and the less you do it the better you are in the long run. My sons 94 Tahoe has 14 RF speakers in it and 5 RF amps. It took 3 major builds to get it that way. Had i know what i know now i wouldnt have messed with the 4 6x9s in the rear because the fronts so loud you really cant hear them over the bass of 2 RF T1 15s. Front stage is loud though with T142s in the dash off a P200-2, Kicker panels with T165 comps in them with 2 channels off a P500-4, and a set of T1652 on the doors off the other 2 channels of the P500-4. Pretty loud up front.

Archived