Second Skin Audio

2 SQ HDC312's Box Design

tcullen1

Can anyone help with a box design. I just sold my type r's and ordering the HDC 3.0's. They will be ran by a Hifonics BE2100.1. I used torre's for my type r's and it worked great but cant seem to get a proper fit with it with the HDC's. I have a Ford Contour and the dimensions to get a outside built box into trunk are these. These are max dimensions (37w x 16h x 16d). I would prefer a vented enclosure just not sure if this enough for one. Would like subsonic filters setting if I could get that attached also.

200amp HO

Big 3

Diamond Audio S500s (front)

Diamond Audio M65.1a (rear)

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kicker, Stinger, Knu 0 gauge, 4 gauge

Kinetik HC2000b x 2

Hifonics BE2100.1

Memphis MR4.480

SQ HDC312's x 2 36hz

So basically scratch the 2-12's idea? How about 2 HDC 10's? Maybe some other ideas or subs that can handle the wattage in this price range plus efficiency. My r's started to smell after a 45 min drive of solid wattage. I'm basically looking for an upgrade and I would like to stay with 2 12's. I could spend that amount on one 15 but wouldn't 2 12's be all around better? I guess 2 12's not properly cu. would still sound worse than a single properly cu. 15? Thanks guys for any input

200amp HO

Big 3

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kinetik HC2000b x 2

Hifonics BE2100.1

Memphis MR4.480

SQ HDC312's x 2 36hz

2 10" will fit ok, 1 15" would need 4 cubes net that you don't have on those dimensions. But two DC audio 12s will fit in your dimensions since they work in smaller boxes.

Thanks Joe, I appreciate your input. I messged DC for price quotes. I am in limbo between the HDC 10's or level 3 12's. If box designs for both of those is posssible to get that would be great. Thank you for your input, it saved me alot of hassles of buying them and it not working properly. Not to make this a vs isssue but which looks like a better set up for my car, amps, etc...

200amp HO

Big 3

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kinetik HC2000b x 2

Hifonics BE2100.1

Memphis MR4.480

SQ HDC312's x 2 36hz

thanks maybe i can get a box design for 2 10 hdc's.

200amp HO

Big 3

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kinetik HC2000b x 2

Hifonics BE2100.1

Memphis MR4.480

SQ HDC312's x 2 36hz

Thanks Joe, I appreciate your input. I messged DC for price quotes. I am in limbo between the HDC 10's or level 3 12's. If box designs for both of those is posssible to get that would be great. Thank you for your input, it saved me alot of hassles of buying them and it not working properly. Not to make this a vs isssue but which looks like a better set up for my car, amps, etc...

The two HDC3 10s could take together about 4K and need about 3 cubes net, two DC level3 12 with coil upgrade can take 3K, DC level4 12s could take 3.5K and both will work in 3 cubes net as well which is about what you have on those dimensions.

Your amp can put out 2K on sustained 14.4V electrical so the HDC3 will not benefit from the extra power handling they have with that amp, so I guess that the larger cone area of 12s will play an important role in final output.

Another thing to bear in mind is if the dimensions you provide will fit in their way into the trunk, this issue comes up frequently.

So now I have enough room for 2 10's but not enough wattage ugh! I pm Cody @ DC to get some info on there products. I am just not too familiar with them, but your recommendations are greatly appreciated so I get everything compatible. The dimensions I gave in op is a box I can build outside and place in trunk. It will be some wiggling but if I could get depth @ 14, and other 2 (37x16) It can pop right in no problem. wiggling would be with a depth of 16. With a depth of 14 can 2 DC 12's still work?

200amp HO

Big 3

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kinetik HC2000b x 2

Hifonics BE2100.1

Memphis MR4.480

SQ HDC312's x 2 36hz

Archived