CDT M6+ Midbass drivers, Anyone heard them perform & like?

bcbrassard

I am seriously looking at these for midbass drivers in kicker panels to play between 60-150hz off a T400-2. They would be seeing 145 RMS, there rated for 120 RMS with a peak of 240. Running T265 comps up front off a T400-4 active. DEH-80PRS HU. I would have liked to go with 8" midbass but not enough foot room in the Lancer for that big of a kicker panel.

Any one heard these play? I have read good reviews on them and i really like there wattage ratings. I have found them for $159 a pair. Other Brands i have looked at have had all around 100 watt RMS. Any thoughts about this brand.

What are you looking to achieve with them? also what are your depth constraints?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

To have more midbass up front with a 4-way active set up. To keep the T265 comps running at 80-100hz and up. I like alot midbass but would like a fuller sounding SQ stage up front. Depth...? havent measured but pretty sure i can make 6.5 driverss work vs 8" shallow. Its not just depth but overall size. I need alittle foot room. lol

Look beefy as hell. Nice price tag though.

natesbanner-3.jpg
Fi/DC/SHCA/SMD fanatic
Some people talk about changing the world, others of us actually do it.

Violet's Build:
Dynomat Xtreme deadener (all doors and trunk)
(2) RF 200w circuit breaker
RF RCA's
VM-1
1/0 gauge welding lead
Big 3

Singer Hairpin Alt (blue)
7" touch screen HU (factory)
Diamond tweets

Mids (front) RF 6.5
Mids (rear) CVL64MBX
Massive 7 band EQ/Xover/line driver
Sky High 12 g wire & heat shrink for 1/0 g
DB Link/Sky High Ring Terminals
2 - Fi BL 12's
Ported box tuned to 32
DC 175.4
DC 2k
D2700 and XP950 XS Batteries
Project DB connectors/step downs
DD-1

Ya all my shits RF power so i dont mind spending the money for good stuff. Got around $3000 into now, whats a few hundered more.lol I have look at JL drivers & DD drivers but these had some of the highest RMS ratings and i really want to push them with a T400-2. Round out the system nicely. lol

I'd look at THESE

first before pulling the trigger.... just my opinion

***fixed link.... please look again

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

Why 8ohm? so the would see 77 watts at 8 ohms of that amp. Never heard of the brand, but thats not much saying. Have you heard these speakers personally?

Why 8ohm? so the would see 77 watts at 8 ohms of that amp. Never heard of the brand, but thats not much saying. Have you heard these speakers personally?

I've heard the RS150 Dayton Audio in a nice setup before... it got loud enough for the power.... I'm suggesting 8-ohm but you can de-select in on the left hand side so you can see 4 ohm as well....

The Peerless Nomex I've read great things about..... you are doing kick panels and not door, right?

Thanks for your opinion, still doing my homework on what i want so there will be no trigger pulling yet. lol Just looking for feed back and options. And if anyones heard them personaly.

Archived