CDT M6+ Midbass drivers, Anyone heard them perform & like?

bcbrassard

I knew you would be, ok...How else do you make a 3-way into a 4-way active set up? The DEH-80PRS is in NW mode, and in doing so the internal amp is turned off giving you a pretty clean signal of the high level outputs whick i turned into RCA cables with adapters to run the Clarion just for the midbass.

you could also look at the Dayton 8" .a bit more cone area... it's depth isn't much more than the others @ 3.6" ..... and SPL 89db

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Ya that doesnt look bad but i might be over powering it with a T400-2. I am kind set on that amp and trying to find a good midbass driver for that wattage range of 145 RMS.

Ya that doesnt look bad but i might be over powering it with a T400-2. I am kind set on that amp and trying to find a good midbass driver for that wattage range of 145 RMS.

gain down like all the way.... should be fine...

also they make that same woofer in 8ohm config so it could easily be used with that amp without issues ...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

I am liking the 8ohm idea then it would come closer to matching the RMS of all the other speaker which i would think is kinda important huh? The way i have it now, theres 300 watts to the highs & 300 watts to the midrange drivers. Its pretty loud and really clear and i havent really start tuning the system yet.

Thank you, you have given me a new perspective on what i got going on. And introduced a new idea on my midbass drivers. I am always willing to learn and i know i have alot more to learn. Especially in the SQ world.

Thank you, you have given me a new perspective on what i got going on. And introduced a new idea on my midbass drivers. I am always willing to learn and i know i have alot more to learn. Especially in the SQ world.

You're welcome!

I am still in my "learning stages" but I read so much but never have money to spend. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

i have installed a lot of CDT products over the last few years. they are making a push ahead if you want to spend the money. rivals some of the bigger names in my opinion. i am currently doing an entire build in my wife's charger. all CDT except for power. i have all HAT in my challenger on a different processor, but the bench test of the 06+ drivers sound just as good as my Hybrids... no they are not as efficient as some other brand, but you are incorporating them into a 4-way and placing them low as a dedicated driver so a few percent at less than max load shouldn't be a factor. especially if you are tuning them @ 12,18,or 24db. then you have a higher power curve without fear of damage. i sale and install the better known SQ names and love the depth CDT drivers give with power. give them air, power, and proper tuning and you will be pleasantly surprised by a little know name in the industry.

253AudioSports

210-831-6574

Archived