Second Skin Audio

Help with recone...can i use a different brand recone on my motor?

plex_love

Probably a dumb question but i have 2 of the oldschool mtx thunder 8000 15's they are single 2 ohm but are pretty much shot so i was wondering if i could use the motor and just buy a recone kit for it and if so how will i know which ones fit? any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks

I'm love bbc

contact someone who makes recones and ask if they can make one for your sub.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

A sub of that level can be replaced for about the same amount as a recone kit.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

well i know a lot of subs with the same motor size and from what im seeing the recones run about 50 bucks for them, so it owuld be way cheaper to recone them and have new subs! So was just wondering IF it would work and if so what i would need to know to make sure the fit works? i figure just the dpth and width of the coil?

I'm love bbc

I ran 8000's and never could find a matching 2.5" coil, but that was 10 years ago.

Had one refurb'd by MTX three years ago. Friend is running it in his jeep.

If you find a 15" recone for it for $50, be sure you let us know where. . .

You can start with the ID and OD of the coil and the ID and OD of the gap. It uses a standard 12 spoke basket, and if I recall correctly, there is not type of spider spacer; the spider mounts directly to the basket.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Im not sure about that....but i know sundown sa15 is a 2.5 coil....magnet size fairly close so i would assume that would work and recone kit for that is only 50 plus 21 shipping....so anyone got any info n that? i just got rid of 2 sundown sa15s a few months back and really regreted it!

I'm love bbc

Im not sure about that....but i know sundown sa15 is a 2.5 coil....magnet size fairly close so i would assume that would work and recone kit for that is only 50 plus 21 shipping....so anyone got any info n that? i just got rid of 2 sundown sa15s a few months back and really regreted it!

no, it's not that easy. do what I said.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i have already contacted 3 different companies and still have yet to get a response....its no big deal i will just toss them but just figured since they are bout the same size motor as the sa series might as well try to get use outta them!

I'm love bbc

Archived