Sonic Electronix

1st build...Ideas? Input from ppl with more knowledge than me.

Skar, sundown, Fi, Obsidian, all great subs. You can get some of their subs for less than $200 a piece and I promise you won't be disappointed. You can look around here amateur some of the builds and see some of the budget builds get LOW and LOUD!

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Ive looked at most of those brands. Ive watched a MILLION vids on YT and such on them...They do pound. Lets just say for now that im gonna use the p3s... Got any ideas on a box design? Im trying to figure out how to upload pics on here...I have a few of the back of the car.

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Ive looked at most of those brands. Ive watched a MILLION vids on YT and such on them...They do pound. Lets just say for now that im gonna use the p3s... Got any ideas on a box design? Im trying to figure out how to upload pics on here...I have a few of the back of the car.

Make a post in the Sub/Encloser section, im sure someone will help with plans

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

When I get home later tonight I be able to help you more with your design questions. But until then I am stuck on mobile.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

just stick with those p3s if thats what you really want and i got to say p3s will bang for your buck if you have them in the right box and right amp pushing them check out http://reaudio.com/box.php ...... use this site to build your box... wat i would do is caculate the max size you can work with then use the site to help you out more and just mess around with it a little so you can have it tuned to how you want it

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2273]

also for the box you just need one sheet of mdf 3/4 thick wich is only around 30 bucks and dont let the place you get the wood from cut your box into the sizes you need because they will do a horrible job .... maybe get the sheet of mdf cut in half so it can fit in your car more easy then once you get home start cutting your self

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2273]

just stick with those p3s if thats what you really want and i got to say p3s will bang for your buck if you have them in the right box and right amp pushing them check out http://reaudio.com/box.php ...... use this site to build your box... wat i would do is caculate the max size you can work with then use the site to help you out more and just mess around with it a little so you can have it tuned to how you want it

RE last I checked was off on the tuning.

Try using torres it's complicated at first but there are a lot of tutorials and a bunch of people that will help you with it.

Thanks. I'll check that site out. I already have MDF. I've built boxes before, just built one 2 wks ago but just sealed boxes. (And for kenwoods). Lol. Anyways, I do kinda like the p3s...watched a lot of vids and they seem to sound good. Plus I like my p1s. Someday I might graduate into some sundowns or Fi...I hope! Lol. For now, I have to work with what I have. Thanks for all the help guys!!!! As soon as I figure out how to upload vids and pics I will start posting my progress!!

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Archived