Decided since my challenger has been done for a while and customer cars have slowed down that I would change the wife's car around. It came with the Beat's audio group and it didn't sound bad for 11 speakers and amp, but it had that muddy unprocessed wanna be high end sound. Out it came. I kept the 8.4" touch screen for obvious reasons since it controls the entire car and navigation. I integrated with the new PAC dodge integration. I redid the module to get the full 4-ch output and amp turn on. The reason I did this instead of going high level is I wanted a flat signal going to the processor. The new dodge stereo controls volume through the amp not the head unit. It can get distorted trying to go high level or traditional low level converter. I put the integration on my DD-1 and got no distortion all the way up to full volume. That's as clean as it gets.

DSC02195-1.jpg

DSC02196-1.jpg

DSC02197.jpg

Then all that is going to be fed into a JBL MS-8. Chose this unit for ease of setup for the wife. My Bitone gets a little confusing for her to get through the presets.

DSC02215.jpg

I took the change pod from the dash and removed the cigarette lighter. I relocated the cigarette lighter to the passenger dash trim so we still have access to keyed 12v. I then made this little plug out of resin.

DSC02199.jpg

DSC02202.jpg

DSC02200.jpg

To house the MS-8 screen and volt meter.

DSC02201.jpg

After all the smoke cleared I got on the phone to the guys at CDT Audio and placed my order. Since my Challenger is all Hybrid Audio Technologies I wanted something else to showcase products I install. This is what I came up with. Let's say SQL. I selected products to fill the factory locations since this car is a daily family cruiser.

Front stage: CDT 3-way Gold series components 6.8" driver for the doors, 4" mid for the factory dash, 1" tweets for the pillars

DSC02210.jpg

DSC02211.jpg

DSC02209.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02207.jpg

For the center channel location: CDT upstage tweeter kit

DSC02207.jpg

Kind of a neat little kit. Comes with a dedicated crossover and mounting pod. I will be flush mounting them into the dash trim. Rear doors have 3.5" speakers in them, but I removed them and will not be putting anything back in that location.

253AudioSports

210-831-6574

Rear fill: CDT 6x9" carbon midbass kit

DSC02212.jpg

DSC02213.jpg

DSC02214.jpg

The car also had a 8" driver in the rear deck. I removed this sub and will be replacing it with a CDT 8" carbon audiophile sub. The factory sub in the trunk is removed and will be replaced with two 10" CDT carbon audiophile subs flushed in the spare tire well.

DSC02205.jpg

DSC02206.jpg

All of this madness will be processed through the MS-8 into matching Soundstream Rubicon 5 channel amps.

DSC02203.jpg

DSC02204.jpg

Everything is here. It will be a slower build, but she's excited. Let me know what you think. I will be updating as I complete each stage. Active duty military and part time installer doesn't leave a lot of time for my own projects.

253AudioSports

210-831-6574

center pod finished. the one day I spray glue and stretch vinyl it is hot in SA. pictures tomorrow after church.

253AudioSports

210-831-6574

for some reason my camera would not focus.. rubber coating still drying, that's why it's shiny in some spots. 24 hrs until install. will post another tomorrow when it's back in the car. let me know what you think.

audio009.jpg

253AudioSports

210-831-6574

In the car and running. Voltage is low because the car is in accessory mode. all back together. next project will be flushing the MS8 remote into the center console change slot. Waiting for the carbon fiber wrap to cover the center console and instrument bezel before I can start that. I guess I will do the a-pillar tweeters and center channel pod until then. Stand by for the build. Let me know what you think of this finished flush mount. I don't know why it looks like there is some strange dry spot in these pictures to the left of the MS8 screen. Doesn't exist in real life...

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

253AudioSports

210-831-6574

Archived