Second Skin Audio

bigger box question

Ryan929

That's awesome man! But the only thing i might be able to is make it taller because the 24 inches tall was the height from the floor to the bottom of the window, the width was from wall to wall maybe if I took out the plastic on the sides id gan another inch or two but the depth I can't do much with unless I won't be able to get in or out of my truck haha

I went to lowes and got everything lets hope it comes out okay...

That design is not ready for building, I was waiting on your new max dims, maybe 6" top depth? anyways depending on your answers I will issue a proper design, I need to make sure there's enough clearance for the subs do proper bracing and apply corrections for some calculator bugs. So please hold for me to check everything out before building.

I havent started anything i just got everything well almost every think i'll probably need to pick up another sheet of mdf. ill go check the deminsions one more time see if i can find any hidden space lol

Ok, just wondering, with those dimensions the subs are not completely against the front seats right? Also did you get the PVC pipe? if not probably I could rework to a lesser count of 4" PVC but not sure yet.

Also get some drywall or MDF screws, Titebond II wood glue is best for this job, if you can get it do so, if not, some people have also succeeded with the liquid nails, finally have some silicone caulk which is used to avoid leaks in the box.

Just let me know your answers to start redoing the box.

They are pretty much right up against it but i was gonna get something to put between the box and the seat so they dont hit it, if that will work. And i did get the PVC but i havent cut it or anything so i could always return it and get whatever else will work. And i got 2inch drywall screws along with the tite bond II the one that was the strongest one i got, and i got a thing of liquid nails i was gonna use that to seal up all the corners of the box, but i can also return that if the silicone caulking will be better.

And thank you so much for helping me out I hope I dont mess anything up when i put it all together, because if it works i will have saved like 200 dollars and the pride of knowing i built it myself lol

Archived