Jump to content

What will adding a EQ do for me?


Recommended Posts

Posted

http://www.kicker.com/FrontRow

Above is a link of a eq I was looking at they also provide many more options!

What will I gain if anything by purchasing one of these?

Gain in bass?

Gain in miss and high?

Just a cleaner signal?

My current set up

Pioneer 6300bt

Kenwood 4way door speakers

Ix 500x4 door speakers

2 l7 15 12cube box tuned too 34hrz

Zx2500 powering them!

My buddy added an eq and swears it increased bass and just felt cleaner too the ear! I havnt heard his system as of yet but it has me interested!

Thanks guys in advanced

Posted

As long as you have 4 way speakers, I doubt much gain can be had. Try getting a nice set of components or 2 and then you'll see some difference.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

It looks to be a kick ass x-over with time alignment. It is the first time I have ever seen one of these. I think it would work well in a 2way+sub configuration. With your gear you wouldn't need this. I would start with a half din eq and try that if you wanted. The cost would be a fraction of what that unit is. There are several good units out there. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i21_equalizers.html?filter_f_r_355[min]=7&filter_f_r_355[max]=7

I just got one of the kicker KQ30's that is on the top of the page you mentioned and is a great help in tuning my system. The only real gains I have seen is increased clarity. I cut all the freq. when I adjust my eq no boosting.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Posted

What is time alignment?

You can delay the sound from speakers so that the sound hits you in the driver seat at the same time from all the speakers in the car.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 809 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...