Jump to content

Sony 660up vs eclipse avx5000


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just sold the eclipse avx5000 touchscreen thats a 2006 model for 160buxs paid only 60 for it but bought brand new sony cdx-gt660up for 129.95 and its got better sound believe it or not but least its new and has warranty.. which it had stronger preouts but 2volts isnt too bad i guess what yall think good or bad idea i made? http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666372348

----------- no more blazer-------------

New ride 2000 s10 ext cab xtreme zq8 v4a

4.3 jba headers,pcm4less tuned,nv3500 5spd,8.5" diff,ported/polished heads

makes good daily driver not a racecar lol

system:

pioneer 7200hd deck,kenwood kfc708 with jl xd400.4

stinger 2gauge wire

mtx thunder 1501d

custom built box myself ported 3.13 slot port 40hz (2) 10" re audio sexv2d2- may do sxx upgrade soon after tune the sex first

kicker 4x6 cs dash.

Posted

Never like ANY of the sony headunits I've come in contact with.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

Mine worked well, I mean as good as to be expected. Why no likely el Sony?

I've owned two Sony decks. Used for garage radio and testing decks mainly worked fine for me. But a lot of people shy away from Sony decks. I never knew why. It's not boss or dual. In every other electronic field but car audio Sony in decent. Subs I get. H.u.. not so much

Setup:


2010 Hyundai Elantra


Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC


Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt


Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000


Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -


DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Posted

just personal preference. I have been a pioneer guy...alot hate them because RCA problems but I have never had them. I had a Kenwood for a while and installed a few jvc..ive just been happiestvwithvwhat I have now. I didn't like the menus and navigation on the Sony stuff

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

hum ive got lucky with sony but then again mine could go bad tmw ya know, I do agree sony subs arent the greatest because Ive got two 12" gtrs and my rockford fosgate p8002 is a preety strong amp and would blow them if i wanted so thats my next redo, anyone got suggestions ? i want a pair of 12"s that pounds with my amp and wouldnt have too worry with them blowing on me. The rf punch p8002 suppose too be 400x2rms @ 2ohms. currently ive got my sonys in a custom box with a single aeroport. if i had the cash id go with two 12" re audio sxx with two rf t1000 in the blazer but dont

----------- no more blazer-------------

New ride 2000 s10 ext cab xtreme zq8 v4a

4.3 jba headers,pcm4less tuned,nv3500 5spd,8.5" diff,ported/polished heads

makes good daily driver not a racecar lol

system:

pioneer 7200hd deck,kenwood kfc708 with jl xd400.4

stinger 2gauge wire

mtx thunder 1501d

custom built box myself ported 3.13 slot port 40hz (2) 10" re audio sexv2d2- may do sxx upgrade soon after tune the sex first

kicker 4x6 cs dash.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 991 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...