Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

^ the way I see it is you either bust you butt for 4 years in school.

or for the rest of your life.. even though only 50% of college students are finding jobs in their field of study.

Posted

F auto school you make more in the oil field at 5k a month

PS work your way up to be a RoughNeck and you will make a grip with two weeks on and two weeks off and about 11 to 15k a month

That's what my dad does right now, two weeks on two weeks off and gets paid exactly what you say. Just got done talking to my dad on the phone, their going to start me off pressure washing the tanks, which is 1 week on 1 week off.

I wanted to get into that its not easy work and usually 12 or 14 hr shits but when you there there is no being sick, but on top of that you dont get that job without knowing someone so i would take it you will make more there then an auto mechanic and break your back for someone elses bs car

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Posted

There's talk that an oil boom is about to hit our area, so I'm probably going to be facing a similar decision. I most likely won't be doing the hard labor stuff, but I don't doubt there is something I can do. IIRC I have relatives that do accounting for oil companies (one in the Midland area and I think another does in the DFW area)

My dad also used to do it back before I was born. He did the roughneck thing, IIRC, and got laid off the day I was born. He thinks there should be plenty of "non-hard labor" oil jobs that I might be able to get.

I don't see myself doing my current job forever. I might keep it for a side job though, depending on what else I find. The pay isn't too bad for the work that I actually do, but it's commission so no calls == no money. Heck, I only made about $30 in 12 hours, which was only about 1-2 hours of actual work :P. Dead slow for a saturday, which is unusual.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 7181 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...