Stee-Z Posted March 30, 2013 Report Posted March 30, 2013 I'm in a sticky situation. It's most obvious I should take the job but I just can't decide. Here's the situation. My dad works up in the oil fields, and managed to get me a job up their which for now is 5 grand a month. It's a very great opportunity and I'm thankful I have it. But this is where it gets tricky. I'm just getting out of high school, I currently have a job at my brother in laws mechanic shop, which were pretty much best friends. I was looking forward to having one more "chill" summer before auto school. Me and my buddies have a house , so obviously the normal " no more parents , freedom" kind of feeling kicks in. My brother in law races dirt track which I help every week/weekend on it and love going to the races, which obviously can't happen with the job. I was looking forward to parties etc. all that good stuff. But I don't want to be throwing this opportunity away, It's great pay in every which way. It also has a great potential for being a great learning experience, getting me on my feet so I'm not living paycheck to paycheck. But I'm not fully sure what I should really do. Any help guys? (4)DD 9918's (2)DC 10k 8 6.5" focals 2 DD SS4 mid amps Audison Bit One processor Jl-cl-rlc line driver iPad in dash Dual Irragi 320a alts 8 batcaps 4000's Second Skin sound deadened
Trey_Dog650 Posted March 30, 2013 Report Posted March 30, 2013 Money 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
sprkn_ranger Posted March 30, 2013 Report Posted March 30, 2013 Well I'm usually an advocate of "live your life to be happy" which you made it clear that having a summer off partying and having fun is what would make you happy, but I'd have to go the other direction this time and say go take the job on the oil rig...the experience you will gain from working your ass off and earning good money for it is worth WAY more than a summer of fun. There will be plenty other summers to have fun Good luck no matter what you do Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
Stee-Z Posted March 30, 2013 Author Report Posted March 30, 2013 Well I'm usually an advocate of "live your life to be happy" which you made it clear that having a summer off partying and having fun is what would make you happy, but I'd have to go the other direction this time and say go take the job on the oil rig...the experience you will gain from working your ass off and earning good money for it is worth WAY more than a summer of fun. There will be plenty other summers to have fun Good luck no matter what you do Thanks man, I'm leaning towards that way. I think it could be a great experience and should go for it! (4)DD 9918's (2)DC 10k 8 6.5" focals 2 DD SS4 mid amps Audison Bit One processor Jl-cl-rlc line driver iPad in dash Dual Irragi 320a alts 8 batcaps 4000's Second Skin sound deadened
Weechaz Posted March 30, 2013 Report Posted March 30, 2013 Make the money so when you go to school your not dead broke! @therealweechaz
Stee-Z Posted March 30, 2013 Author Report Posted March 30, 2013 Make the money so when you go to school your not dead broke! Haha that is very true! (4)DD 9918's (2)DC 10k 8 6.5" focals 2 DD SS4 mid amps Audison Bit One processor Jl-cl-rlc line driver iPad in dash Dual Irragi 320a alts 8 batcaps 4000's Second Skin sound deadened
Hotdog Posted March 30, 2013 Report Posted March 30, 2013 go for the job for sure. Probably better health care benefits too which is a huge plus. If they have a 401k or profit sharing max it out right off the bat save your money. You will be set when you retire. With that kind of money you will be able to save and have plenty in your pocket to have a good time. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
DubNDodge Posted March 30, 2013 Report Posted March 30, 2013 Money. That way you can afford more toys, which will make you happier in the long run. Rather then just blowing money partying. New toys + paying the bills > partying '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Stee-Z Posted March 30, 2013 Author Report Posted March 30, 2013 Thanks for the input guys! Well appreciated! (4)DD 9918's (2)DC 10k 8 6.5" focals 2 DD SS4 mid amps Audison Bit One processor Jl-cl-rlc line driver iPad in dash Dual Irragi 320a alts 8 batcaps 4000's Second Skin sound deadened
JEMT8 Posted March 30, 2013 Report Posted March 30, 2013 All I'm going to say is... You will never have enough money. No matter how much you earn, you will always want more. doing what makes you the most happy is the most important thing. Just my $.02 formerly known as Jaylor Swift
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.