4th order under rear seat (chevy extended cab)

Well tomorrow and Friday is the big day! I'll be leaving to go to Huntsville for the Alabama science and engineering fair. I must say i usually dont get nervous but.. Haha jk I don't get nervous I'm a trumpet player. You know what they say about them trumpet players! My goal is to enter SOTM this month but I'm not going to rush the build I'm gonna do it right so maybe the next who knows.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

In for the build! I did two sa-8s under my seat. And I want louder!! This addiction is crazy.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

I ran the BRZ series at .5..for almost 2 years, after everything is done, and on music, I doubt you'll truly see .5

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

how exactly did you make your speaker door pods? :\ wanting to do the same thing but i'm not exactly sure how lmao :P

if not pod's then just a whole door panel made out of birch......

but anyways...... looking forward to the build for sure, gonna be a badass 4th order right their!

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

I ran the BRZ series at .5..for almost 2 years, after everything is done, and on music, I doubt you'll truly see .5

i completely agree with you. my intentions were that i would end up at about 1 ohm with box rise and other small things factored in.

how exactly did you make your speaker door pods? :\ wanting to do the same thing but i'm not exactly sure how lmao :P

if not pod's then just a whole door panel made out of birch......

but anyways...... looking forward to the build for sure, gonna be a badass 4th order right their!

I'm just gonna be honest i would not recommend doing it the way i did; it was a huge PITA. here's how i should've done it.

1. get good polyester resin, 1.5 oz chop mat, and a good body filler such as evercoat rage gold. (then what you need to apply the stuff)

2. take off your door panel and grill cover.

3. apply a layer of wax or mold release to the panel(turtle wax works good for me its what i used for the ipad mold)

4. put a thin coat of resin over the wax this just makes it easier to add the mat

5. have your mat precut! lay a piece large enough to cover the whole area as you can cut away the access later.

6. let it dry. while its drying you can make your speaker rings.

7. after your mold is done drying pull it out and cut away the extra and give it a rough sanding nothing major just knock away the sharp edges.

8. use a 1/4in dowel rod to make supports for your speaker rings. youll have to play around with it to get it somewhat right or just do a little bit of geometry to get exact angles.

9. stretch a thin stretchy cloth over it. i prefer an old undershirt or panty hose

10. apply a layer of resin to harden it up. if necessary put a layer of mat to but i didnt need it

11. this can be a pain in the but until you get your technique down. apply a layer of body filler. right before its completely dry lightly sand away the rough edges.

12. start with 120 or 150grit sandpaper and get to sanding! i would go to car audio fabs youtube and watch his vids on sanding. technique is everything!!

13. get at least to 400 then prime.

14. the only bondo product i recommend is the spot putty. it will fill pin holes and imperfections best 3.50 i have spent

15. prime again then paint.

the biggest thing is technique and practice. if you havent fiberglassed before start with a practice project like speaker cabinet for your room or something easy. good luck any questions let me know!

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Well tomorrow and Friday is the big day! I'll be leaving to go to Huntsville for the Alabama science and engineering fair. I must say i usually dont get nervous but.. Haha jk I don't get nervous I'm a trumpet player. You know what they say about them trumpet players! My goal is to enter SOTM this month but I'm not going to rush the build I'm gonna do it right so maybe the next who knows.

how did the engineering fair go? got a build date planned?

My Build Thread 2005 F150 : 2005 F150 Center Console Build

Center Console - 3.2 cubes @ 35hz

4 RE Audio SRX10s - Pure Audio 3000.1

8 6.5 Soundstream SME.658 - Soundstream TN4.900D

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

how did the engineering fair go? got a build date planned?

thanks for asking, it went great. i placed 5th in the electrical and mechanical engineering division. there was about 300 projects total. not sure how many in my division. i was actually quite disappointed on how some of the judges attitudes were towards the idea of my project. one women was looking at me like i was stupid and a waste of her time but on the other hand a judge in the marines thought it was quite interesting. i believe they where distracted by the project itself that they didnt pay attention to the science behind. some people without respect for others just ruin it for the rest of us i guess. but the projects that won were amazing. i believe a kid designed a laser and he is 9th grade smh. haha i honestly didnt expect to get as far as i did but next year i have my eyes set on ISEF!

but as of now the build was going to start this week but was pushed to the weekend after the ACT test on saturday. my goal is no lower than a 28-30 this first time so that means ive got to study! as much as i wanted to start, i have school first.

What year is this trhck? My dad has a 98

Archived