Need some help with mids

shogen

I want to use some Silver Flute 8" but I can't figure out how to model or get an enclosure mocked up for them

I have the tools to cut up the door and make better baffles... I'll need to learn to fiberglass though (which I will)

These are the specs of the woofer: Could anybody suggest a sealed alignment for these????

Re 7.3 Ohms
Sensitivity 91 dB
Power 100 watts
Fs 30.8 Hz
Qms 1.30
Qes 0.28
Qts 0.23
Vas 83.3 Ltrs
Mms 20.9 g
Cms 1281.1 mM/N
Sd 0.0214 M2
BL 10.1 TM
X-max 5 mm

Thanks

- Sho

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

post pick of door

not sure how much it will help.... this is my actual door....

IMG_20101110_093416.jpg

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

Don't make enclosure for it? Or If deadset all glass man

lol... huh??? I know it's like 4am but what?

Lol sorry lemme rephrase.

You don't have to put them in an enclosure. Just secure them to it.

If you want them to be in a sealed enclosure your best bet would be to make a sealed glass enclosure

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Lol sorry lemme rephrase.

You don't have to put them in an enclosure. Just secure them to it.

If you want them to be in a sealed enclosure your best bet would be to make a sealed glass enclosure

I gotcha... I was just wondering if mounting to the doors would be good enough? alot of people usually say that it's better to make pods or install in kicks with pods .... I'm looking to possibly cross them from around 90-1.5k .... let's say.... so just wanted to make sure... it'd be easy to make a new baffle to mount them to the door.

Yeah I'd say glass them to the door. Not enclose them. But deaden your door!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Yeah I'd say glass them to the door. Not enclose them. But deaden your door!

hmm... well the door is somewhat deadened .... I installed CLD tiles but never took a pic of that part... By glassing to the door you mean the panel like something EpiCenter Designs would do?

Archived