Sundown Audio

Sundown Z v4 12" Amp opinions/suggestions

I just preordered the new Sundown Z v4 dual 2. I currently have a Rockford 1500bdcp rated around 1800 watts @ 1ohm. I know the Z v4 is rated at 1750 rms, but my questions is should I keep this amp and run it around rated power, or should I push it a little more and get a Rockford 2500bdcp? Also what gauge speaker wire would you guys recommend for the sub? 10g? 8g? I've had my share of systems in my car, but this is my first real sub, and I'm still learning, so I want to know your guys opinions/suggestions on this subject. Thanks.

Yes it'll be enough to move it. You don't HAVE to overpower subs for them to get down. Your bdcp will help you get most of your power out of your amp, a majority of the time.

Good luck!

Edited by Hunters21w

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Thanks again...

Yes it'll be enough to move it. You don't HAVE to overpower subs for them to get down. Your bdcp will help you get most of your power out of your amp, a majority of the time.

Good luck!