99 grand cherokee away issues, just lift it?

So when I'm driving in highway and let off the gas my jeep pulls quite a bit. It's has 260k and I'm thinking it needs some sway bar bushings and shocks and strut bushing and away bar links. Point is instead if finding what it is. What if I just threw a 4" lift. That includes everything I think it could be. Thoughts?

I plan to do a similar thing this summer with my truck. Springs are dead, shocks are worn out, same with bushings etc so I'll be doing a 3" suspension lift that will result in replacing these things.

If you are pulling hard you would just want to make sure its not something else like your brakes causing the problem...

Just my thoughts at least

Team NorthWestSPL

you made like 3 post this one brakes and something trust me i know cars can be fixed but if you get all this shit at once then more will follow which is normal on an old car.

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

^why? That can all be fixed for probably right around 1 grand...and he would have brand new suspension...assuming other things are still running well that is

And a lift ;) haha and I also do all the work my self ( except the tranny, my buddy is doing it for a stereo install ( no time with my classes ) )

Oh, didn't realize he had made other posts about other problems too haha

Well, yeah, there is that consideration then. Sometimes you have to know when to cut your losses lol but I dont know if this is one of those situations or not

Team NorthWestSPL

I would figure out your issues then worrying about lifting it. As most smaller lifts are just new springs, and perhaps a transfer case drop. Which, will only make your current issues worse.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

The 3rd post was the alt whine issue... And I just strait up don't have the option to get a new car yet, gotta keep this one going until I'm outta school :/ but I'm ok with that. The away has been present for a while its just worn out things. And the caliper and tranny just went so... Last nov it passed inspection. Just needed all tires so I'm keeping it going

Archived