Second Skin Audio

Blow Through Enclosure help

I have a single cab mazda b2300(copy of a Ford Ranger) and I want to make some more noise so I have decided on a blow through. I think I'm gonna do 2 15's. I would love to use DD's since that's all I've ever had. I want it to be loud as possible and able to hit lows with pride. My questions are what type of enclosure should I make? I've looked into 4th order bandpasses and those look promising. They say a low fs and Qts of more than .4 is great, but is there an upper limit to that? What about a 6th order? Passive radiator? I'm just kinda clueless. Also links to "how-to" threads would be much appreciated.

I swear that shit shot out into the parking lot too. Very dangerous, but fun.

94' Mazda B2300. Logic Soundlab 1000.2 amp pushing a DD 1010(1.56ft^ft@37hz). KnuKoncepts wiring. Pioneer headunit. Homemade C.A.I. Cat delete. N1 muffler.

4th order, 6th order series tuned can give all their output through a single port and therefore both suitable for a blowthrough, if your subs EBP is high go for 6th if it's low go for 4th, with DDs likely a 6th. 6th BP can get really loud if properly setup, if you are willing to put the effort to build and properly align, it will be good.

have you ever cut into a truck before if you screw up once is all it takes Joe can help you with a box if he does i would throw him a few bucks for the designing

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

I can build the box no problem. I have built several ported enclosures using Torres tuning calculator, but the 6th order would be new. I would love to learn how to make one rather than cop out and pay someone. I honestly just want to know what the highest output type of box is to do a blow through with. I mean if just a plain old ported box will be the best then I'll do that I just thought that if the ports were back in the box and the cab hole didn't match then it would have a negative effect. Like if the cab hole had to funnel the air in... hell I don't know.

I swear that shit shot out into the parking lot too. Very dangerous, but fun.

94' Mazda B2300. Logic Soundlab 1000.2 amp pushing a DD 1010(1.56ft^ft@37hz). KnuKoncepts wiring. Pioneer headunit. Homemade C.A.I. Cat delete. N1 muffler.

Archived