Jump to content

5300 amp battery WTF video input please


Recommended Posts

Posted

Check out what the voltage does on this thing.


I will also add that the resting voltage is staying high after a charge until i run something on it for a about 10 minutes, then it goes down to about 13.5 on my meter, or about 13v true resting voltage. My meter has prooven to be 1/2 volt off.

Also, it was funny when i uploaded this because youtube slapped a copyright claim on it 1:21 is where they claim to hear a song called "Day Or Night Muical composition" LOL

I disputed it, my reply was "How the hell do you get that song out of a running vacuum? LOL

XS-power1.jpg

Posted

The motor isn't working harder - quite the opposite actually. When plugging up the end, you are creating a vacuum then the motor just swirls around the air that's inside it. Swirling around the air takes less energy than actually moving it from A to B - hence why the motor's RPMs go up instead of down.

I'm assuming you have the battery hooked up to a charger of some sort?

Posted

The motor isn't working harder - quite the opposite actually. When plugging up the end, you are creating a vacuum then the motor just swirls around the air that's inside it. Swirling around the air takes less energy than actually moving it from A to B - hence why the motor's RPMs go up instead of down.

I'm assuming you have the battery hooked up to a charger of some sort?

no, it was not on a charger, it was sitting on the floor, jumper cables hooked up to that vaccum, but i see what you mean, that makes sense, it just sounds like its working harder. I was wondering if the battery somehow was compensating for a higher load some how lol, I was just confused

XS-power1.jpg

Posted

Perhaps your multimeter is picking up some sort of AC ripple created by the vaccuum and that's why it starts to read high?

Posted

I always thought it was workinh harder when it did that too.

03 Ford f150

2 Sa8 v2s

Ap 1800d...

Stinger 0 Guage

CA Auto/ Electric Big 3

Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker

Soon to come another d680

Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back

Soon to come Pioneers all around

Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp

Kenwood KDC-X896

Memphis Line Driver

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee

Posted

Perhaps your multimeter is picking up some sort of AC ripple created by the vaccuum and that's why it starts to read high?

Yea maybe, I also noticed that vacuum's wire got pretty hot.

I was originally like hell, if this thing spikes 16 volts on a burp, WIN lol

XS-power1.jpg

Posted

Perhaps your multimeter is picking up some sort of AC ripple created by the vaccuum and that's why it starts to read high?

Yea maybe, I also noticed that vacuum's wire got pretty hot.

I was originally like hell, if this thing spikes 16 volts on a burp, WIN lol

Do you have a clamp meter?

Posted

the meter is pretty accurate, surprisingly. i was just testing something the other day with that same one, then did the same with a fluke it was 90% spot on.

and im still waiting in a pm on them batteries fool

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Posted

Perhaps your multimeter is picking up some sort of AC ripple created by the vaccuum and that's why it starts to read high?

Yea maybe, I also noticed that vacuum's wire got pretty hot.

I was originally like hell, if this thing spikes 16 volts on a burp, WIN lol

Do you have a clamp meter?

I do have a clamp meter, LOL good Idea snow, I will retest and use the clamp this time after i get done changing my oil

XS-power1.jpg

Posted

the meter is pretty accurate, surprisingly. i was just testing something the other day with that same one, then did the same with a fluke it was 90% spot on.

and im still waiting in a pm on them batteries fool

Im still waiting on a call back from "the dude," man

Big Labowski

XS-power1.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2439 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...