ED2KSR Posted April 7, 2013 Author Report Posted April 7, 2013 I admit I was "pounding" good. The speakers are some Polks 650 6.5. Wouldn't I be hearing blown tweeters? They are also new from Christmas 2012. A little later I will go investigate again/one more time to see if I can locate something as to the cause of this issue. Please keep your suggestions coming as I sure need them. I will post asap. Thank you.
X_296 Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 No, you wouldn't be hearing the blown tweeters. You likely would have noticed when they blew - distortion, loud pop, etc - but you won't hear them after they blew. I would take Larry's suggestion first before you try anything else. Swap out the head and/or the amp. Did I ever tell you, what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is, doing the exact same fucking thing, over and over again, expecting shit to change. That. Is. Crazy. Did I ever tell you the definition, of insanity?
dd9515mmatsjugg Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 I would also say if you don't have a extra deck to try if you have a headphone to RCA jack plug in an iPod to the amp to see if sound clarity is back if still gone and don't have a extra amp and by your house you could wire a house amp to the speakers and see if the tweeter work MEMBER>>Team Pulse Car Audio 97 Z71 sierra 8" jl w0 md 400watt amp and dvd system 2000 malibu 1 18" old style btl, jl audio 1000/1v2 build in progress My YouTube 100% positive buyer feedback on eBay mmatsjugg306 is my ID there [topic='http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/148756-dd9515mmatsjugg-feedback/']leave me feedback hear for buying and selling[/topic]
ED2KSR Posted April 7, 2013 Author Report Posted April 7, 2013 I was out of the car when it happened but could still hear the music clearly and I did notice something with the sound even though I wasn't inside the car. So if there was distortion and a critical popping sound it must have happened within 2 minutes time. To top it off, all four speakers at the same time? Obviously I hope the speaker tweeters aren't blown but I really don't want the HU or AMP to be messed up either. I will try connecting some other source (laptop-ipod) to the amp and verify if it is the HU or speakers. My wife went shopping so I won't be able try just yet. I'll post as soon as I can. Thank you for the obsvervations and suggestions. I really appreciate the help.
X_296 Posted April 8, 2013 Report Posted April 8, 2013 It does seem odd that all the speakers would get screwed up all at once. The speakers are probably fine. The amp/head is probably the issue. Did I ever tell you, what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is, doing the exact same fucking thing, over and over again, expecting shit to change. That. Is. Crazy. Did I ever tell you the definition, of insanity?
Vito Basser Posted April 9, 2013 Report Posted April 9, 2013 Could your daughter of grabbed the remote and changed the EQ? (Alpines can do that with one button press...)
Skullz Posted April 9, 2013 Report Posted April 9, 2013 It is going to be one of three things, the H/U, amp or RCA patch cords. You'll want to use something in place of what have that is in known good condition so your able to identify the actual cause, i would start with the H/U and work your way back till you have tried everything with something that works. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.