Second Skin Audio

Pre Fab + Port?

ok so im goin to buy a pre fab box for under the back seat of my truck, its sealed with .68 of space on both sides, can i buy like a 3 inch port, or something.... i dont know how this would work, or how long it would be, or if this is the same as hz or w/e, im completely clueless on this situation

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Huh?

Lemme get this straight, your buying a prefab sealed box. You want to cut a hole in it, put a port in to make it a ported box?

yes, ive had previous threads about how im limited with space (to the point its disgusting) i think i about have everything narrowed down, the box is sealed correct, and i see you can get things like aero ports, that are 1" 2" 3" in diameter and a certain length, where im lost at is not how to do this, but what do i need, is it the same thing as hz, and if so, what do i need to look at for tuning? im just lost in general on this subject

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Add some polyfill and leave it sealed!!!...or have a custom one built for ya!!!

this set up should be loud enuf to compete in some noob bass racing, (120-129.9) and depending on the port maybe even a (130.139.) but i kno sealed boxes dont get as loud as ported ones, and even if i do opt for a custom box it wont make much difference cause im squezing the max size box i can get anyway into the space i have

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

UH will that speaker even fit in that box????

with some slight modifications it will, ill have to add about an inch to the box, it will be tight all the way around, but like i said i have looked at every option besides removing the back seat or cuttin a hole in it, so yea they will fit, it will just b tight

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

with some slight modifications it will, ill have to add about an inch to the box, it will be tight all the way around, but like i said i have looked at every option besides removing the back seat or cuttin a hole in it, so yea they will fit, it will just b tight

You also have to keep in mind the speakers displacement....so you would end up under a half cube.....dont know how low they will go in that airspace....might be a little boingy in the sound department...