Second Skin Audio

Pre Fab + Port?

You also have to keep in mind the speakers displacement....so you would end up under a half cube.....dont know how low they will go in that airspace....might be a little boingy in the sound department...

it will be tight all the way around, it looks like it should be alright, but im just not sure how the port would work, i might just have to keep it sealed, but would it get just as loud as ported?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Have a custom box built and you will be much happier!!! and so will the speakers!!

like i said before a custom box wouldnt make a difference, the box im looking at is the maximum size it can be, so if its custom i will be paying more, and not getting anything different cause they will not be able to use any more space than there already is, this box takes up under the HOLE back seat every bit of space, im unable to see how a custom box would give me any more space as there is no more room to get

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I wouldn't port that prefab box for a couple reasons, one reason is airspace, there's not enough of it to port imo. Another reason is, if its a small enclosure to begin with I think sealed will sound better. And sealed doesn't get loud??? Where did you get that logic?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

it will be tight all the way around, it looks like it should be alright, but im just not sure how the port would work, i might just have to keep it sealed, but would it get just as loud as ported?

If you add a little polyfill and keep it sealed I think you would be much happier than going through all the work of getting a port in there that migtht not work.....better power handling and a better,smoother freq roll off!!

I wouldn't port that prefab box for a couple reasons, one reason is airspace, there's not enough of it to port imo. Another reason is, if its a small enclosure to begin with I think sealed will sound better. And sealed doesn't get loud??? Where did you get that logic?

i said sealed dosnt get as loud as ported, ported is more for spl, sealed is more for sq...i want it to sound good, but at the same time i wanna be able to throw down and do a comp or two if i want..... so sealed would be loud too? im hoping that these 2 should do mid 30's, so i can at least compete in 120-129

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

X2 I have done some stupid loud systems with sealed enclosers..

If you add a little polyfill and keep it sealed I think you would be much happier than going through all the work of getting a port in there that migtht not work.....better power handling and a better,smoother freq roll off!!

ok, i guess ill just keep it sealed and add some fill....will it still get down tho when i need it to?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

It should....just make sure that all the seams are sealed well..

i plan on going around and adding some sealer on top of what they have... no such thing as to strong

any predictions for db range (i kno its not good to predict, bad luck) but still wanna hear ur input

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg