Second Skin Audio

what makes a amp thump when turned on

Xplay75

I have a amp thats hooked up temporally untill the weather breaks when i plan on upgrading my power wire and bats so i can run my Rockford 1500db.the amp im using now is a pos amp and from day one it would make a thump sound when turned on i dont think it will hurt my sub cause its half the power the sub can handle but u never know any help would b helpful thanx

I have a amp thats hooked up temporally untill the weather breaks when i plan on upgrading my power wire and bats so i can run my Rockford 1500db.the amp im using now is a pos amp and from day one it would make a thump sound when turned on i dont think it will hurt my sub cause its half the power the sub can handle but u never know any help would b helpful thanx

Im pretty sure that the remote circuit for your amp is receiving power before the one on the stereo, where do you have the remote wire on your amp connected to? A turn on thump happens usually when the amp powers up before the stereo

2x Sundown SA-15s 8 cubes tuned to 30hz sealed in trunk Soundstream Rub 1.1600 Soundstream Rub 5.800 4x Kinetik hc600

All of your better amps will have whats called a soft turn on circuitry built in, cheaper amps don't have this and that's why you get a thump

not always true, and the question is why.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived