Sundown Audio

Adding an amp with factory amp'd system

ThreehundredC

My car has stock radio with boston acustic system but i want to replace the amp and speakers to selenium 8s and a 4 channel amp

my bass amp is tapped in the rear speaker using this guy

0409031845_zps7d59852d.jpg

can i split that signal it says adjustable can i buy another one just like it for the highs?

i have the connection that unplugs from the amp and connects to a roll of wire to extend the speaker wires and pass the amp

HOW CAN I HOOK MY HIGHS AMP TO MY RADIO PLEASE HELP ME

i had an old "box for rcas" and it would shut the bass off at like 5 notches before full tilt on the radio so they replaced it with this one and it works fine now ive seen these (pictured unit) for 12 bucks i was hoping it was something that cheap

so your saying just split this one? theres no designated low note only coming out of that ,its connected to the rear speaker which is full range ,(according to the stock amp tapping those wires if i remove the amp will kill that wire signal ?no

so your saying just split this one? theres no designated low note only coming out of that ,its connected to the rear speaker which is full range ,(according to the stock amp tapping those wires if i remove the amp will kill that wire signal ?no

Connected to the rear speaker wire it will be full range but probably not stereo. if you want a stereo signal with rca connections you need 2 more of those to splice into the front left and right signals. If you don't care about stereo or don't feel comfortable digging through and splicing into the wire bundle then just split that signal. That will work for a while but you will miss stereo.

So how it is set up the amp is under the dash and the harness is like so,

Connects to radio (2plugs) they run down across behind the steering wheel over to almost the driver door then up inside to where the amp is plugs in there then all the speaker connection harness is in another plug on the amp.. What i have ,you take the plug out of the amp plug it to my harness instead 2 plugs. then its like 20 feet of little factory speaker wire all labeled out so you can run it to the new amp. disconnecting the amp completely

so i know you guys are saying do it behind the radio im guessing to get the signal before the stock amp ? so i can now tap into the new harness anywhere i ran from the radio to the trunk with all the cars speaker wires

• 1 month later...

Archived