Second Skin Audio

why does kicker recommend l7 15 tune 27 hz

Xplay75

I got the kicker u app wich is the app for all kicker subs and box builder,it says for 2 l7 15 subs in a 12 cube box to tune it to 27 hz ,i was wondering y.every one tunes there boxes around 32 and up,does it have to do with the woofer size and the displacement they make when in box and raises the tune any have any clue?

Cabin gain is one reason you don't need to tune very low in car audio, also, kicker has traditionally has suggested rather high tuning for their subwoofers, for the L7 15, they recommend about 36Hz for the 6 cubes sized box (in the sub manual), I don't see why the sudden change of spec, probably a mistake in their software or you are looking at F3 rather than Fb which is the port tuning, in any case you can call them up.

Cabin gain is one reason you don't need to tune very low in car audio, also, kicker has traditionally has suggested rather high tuning for their subwoofers, for the L7 15, they recommend about 36Hz for the 6 cubes sized box (in the sub manual), I don't see why the sudden change of spec, probably a mistake in their software or you are looking at F3 rather than Fb which is the port tuning, in any case you can call them up.

ok i think i will give thema call

when i had my solo-x 18 i was tunes at 22hz i believe, its been a while. i always tune extremely low in my car, but that doesnt mean it wont still get loud. hell that fuckin solo-x was do 150's sealed at 30hz. door open it would do 150's at 25hz.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

when i had my solo-x 18 i was tunes at 22hz i believe, its been a while. i always tune extremely low in my car, but that doesnt mean it wont still get loud. hell that fuckin solo-x was do 150's sealed at 30hz. door open it would do 150's at 25hz.

thank you for your input,i think im gonna tune it to 28hz before the woofer displacement,it should go up in tune a little after the woofers because of the big motor assembly on the new l7 15s

Archived