building a fuseable link box

I need to get control of my battery terminals. I want to make a distro box in addition to the factory setup. here are my thought, let me know if im on the right track or have any ideas on it.

this is what i need it for: kicker 2500.1 (might upgrade to a 5500W crachendo), eclipse amp 4X 40A fuses (not sure of model number), 50A off road lights, 5KW power inverter, 16,000Lbs winch rated to pull 380A (6HP motor), starter, and a few various other small draw components. i also have a second factory battery that im not sure if i want to put into this distro or direct to the battery itself. i have plans to add 3 more batteries under the vehicle about 8 feet back from the engine compartment.

u would take a plate of brass and mount it into a rubber box, ground and positive from the batter will be maybe 1ft long and go directly to the terminals. i do not know what thickness of brass i would need but i assume its 3/8" or more. i would tap out holes in this brass plate and use a rigid plastic bar running parallel to the edge of my brass plate and on that have mounted aluminum threaded adapters to screw posts into. i would run fusable links from tapped holes in the main brass plate to the corresponding holes in the plastic bar and screw down my wires into the plastic. id seal the top with a clip on or something cover and silicone around all the wires entering the rubber box to make it water tight. the truck has a water proof drive train and a snorkel so submersion is likely of this box.

thanks for the help.

nothing, gutted

Archived