Here we go, for real...my new live sound/DJ rig (Updated 4/29)

Sounds awesome man!! glad you loving the rig

I have to mix 60+ bands on saturday on a presonus. fuck lol

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Thanks guys.

Sounds awesome man!! glad you loving the rig

I have to mix 60+ bands on saturday on a presonus. fuck lol

60 bands in one day? Holy hell, how are you managing that? Lol.

Few more shots from this weekend. Four shows, three using my own equipment. Blues band Friday night, a church show Saturday afternoon (in-house), hard rock Saturday night, and currently in the middle of a classic rock show, almost done with it (fourth set right now). Been an alright weekend, except I had to load out by myself for the other two shows. Needless to say those bands won't be getting a benefit as far as the price goes. Oh well, hate to be an asshole, but that's how it is.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/944136_10152888911580512_212161536_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/970073_10152888911995512_329489423_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/969024_10152888908520512_260255445_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/391659_10152888908325512_645948991_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/970289_10152888914195512_1285818212_n.jpg

My lights from Blizzard STILL haven't come in yet, so I'm still a little irritated, luckily there's a guy here that has a bunch of them and I rented 6 of them for this weekend's shows. They're bright little suckers, and I think 16 will be plenty for any band work I need.

(I guess the forum's in a bad mood today, it won't let me embed the pictures for some reason...

POTATO!

Looks good man. And yeah 16 should be a good number!

My weekend was doing an old school classic rock show on Friday night which finished about 4am. Loaded out that. Then went to meet my truck driver and headed to a theatre. Flew my vdosc then mixed 60odd bands for a band compitition thing each band had a 7minuite slot. So they could do a long song or a couple of shorter ones.

But I was lucky and they guy who regularly hires the sc48 from me ended up not needing it. So I was able to use it at FOH. Monitors stayed with the x32. Then straight after that event finish there was another show on. But we didn't have enough time to strike our pa so they could use the inhouse one (jbl vertec) so their engineer used our gear. His smile was bigger then his face I swear lol. So that ended up being another 5 am finish. I then slept a couple of hours in the truck parked at the loading bay of a hotel which I was doing a corporate show Sunday afternoon. It's now 2pm Monday and I just woke up lol. I love the weekends when I get to go out with a little transit full with gear and mix a couple of bands for the night.

It beats doing what I'm doing at the moment. Even though the money is great doing this bigger stuff

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Looks good man. And yeah 16 should be a good number!

My weekend was doing an old school classic rock show on Friday night which finished about 4am. Loaded out that. Then went to meet my truck driver and headed to a theatre. Flew my vdosc then mixed 60odd bands for a band compitition thing each band had a 7minuite slot. So they could do a long song or a couple of shorter ones.

But I was lucky and they guy who regularly hires the sc48 from me ended up not needing it. So I was able to use it at FOH. Monitors stayed with the x32. Then straight after that event finish there was another show on. But we didn't have enough time to strike our pa so they could use the inhouse one (jbl vertec) so their engineer used our gear. His smile was bigger then his face I swear lol. So that ended up being another 5 am finish. I then slept a couple of hours in the truck parked at the loading bay of a hotel which I was doing a corporate show Sunday afternoon. It's now 2pm Monday and I just woke up lol. I love the weekends when I get to go out with a little transit full with gear and mix a couple of bands for the night.

It beats doing what I'm doing at the moment. Even though the money is great doing this bigger stuff

Oh of course. I'd rather do a bunch of stuff locally and have fun, than trying to do huge stuff, at least for now. Sounds like we both had a good weekend. Found out I may have slightly pissed off one venue owner though, but that's fine, I did a big show for cheap (the Saturday night one), he kept giving me an attitude all night, and the band bailed on me on load out, so next time it will cost significantly more, AND I will be bringing someone to help load out.

POTATO!

Minor update, part of the trussing came in. 20' of Light Bridge truss from American DJ. I have two Light Bridge One systems coming in (2 x 10' with 2 crank-up stands) coming in, plus I have 16 Fab 5's that are STILL not enroute from Wisconsin yet (not sure if they've made it in the country yet even...). Not happy with Blizzard right now, but from my understanding it was because of a fault with voltage regulators in the units. Hopefully they will be here soon, I can't wait to get them out on some shows.

420170_10152901270375512_962337179_n.jpg

Oh, and here's a shot from the benefit a couple weeks ago. Stage is owned by the city, nice Marshall Austin trailer stage.

970627_10152901779705512_1385332243_n.jp

POTATO!

Looking good man! But is that your power running den th other side to the snake?

Awesome setup brother !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Looking good man! But is that your power running den th other side to the snake?

Meh, yes. There were outlets up top, but was having ground loop issues. Power is up next on the list after more subs.

Awesome setup brother !!!

Thanks. I absolutely love it. Just can't wait to pick up 4 more subs. Going to look beast lol. My lights will be here Tuesday, thank god. Did a show yesterday at a bike shop with a blues band and an acoustic duo, aside from the heat it was great. Also potentially gave me access to a stage trailer.

POTATO!

Saturday's show was a Blues/Jazz band at a bike show. Weather was supposed to be bad, which is why we were under the shelter, they were going to set a stage up, but of course it didn't rain at all. Same place has the stage trailer I'm looking at renting, going to talk to them this week and see how much.

POTATO!

Archived