Second Skin Audio

dvc hookup help

ok so i feel kind of dumb asking this question but i couldnt figure it out on my own by browsing and didnt want to just try it and fry good equipment so heres my question. i have a 4 ohm dvc sub that i want to hook up to a 2 channel amp. is it ok to hook up each voice coil to its own seperate channel on the amp. such as one coil on the left output and one coil on the right? ive never done this before like this. the only reason i am attempting it is because i am strapped for cash. it may work and be just fine but idk. like i said ive never done this before. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

It is possible to hook up your sub to a 2 channel amp.

Make sure your amp is bridgeable and able to play a 2 ohm load before using this setup.

1-DVC-4-ohm-2-ch-low-imp.jpg

If you amp is not 2 ohm stable then your other option is to run it in 8-ohm set up like this.

1DVC_4-ohm_2ch.jpg

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

It is possible to hook up your sub to a 2 channel amp.

Make sure your amp is bridgeable and able to play a 2 ohm load before using this setup.

1-DVC-4-ohm-2-ch-low-imp.jpg

If you amp is not 2 ohm stable then your other option is to run it in 8-ohm set up like this.

1DVC_4-ohm_2ch.jpg

ik i can hook it up like that. what im wanting to know is if i can hook up each coil to its own channel on the amp. my amp is only 4 ohm stable on bridge and i dont wanna run it at 8 ohms as it will hardly produce any power.

no you cant hook up each coil to each channel. you need mono otherwise the coils will fight each other from receiving different signals from the left and right channels on the music.

wrong sub and wrong amp combo. either get a d2 woofer and wire to 4 ohms bridged, or get a new amp.

I don't believe there would be any problem other than trying to gain match it.

Edit: nvm saw kranny. Learn something every day.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

double post

no you cant hook up each coil to each channel. you need mono otherwise the coils will fight each other from receiving different signals from the left and right channels on the music.

wrong sub and wrong amp combo. either get a d2 woofer and wire to 4 ohms bridged, or get a new amp.

then how do people hook up 1 sub on 2 amps?

then how do people hook up 1 sub on 2 amps?

by using 2 monoblocks of the same model and strapping them. that is, if they even have the capability.

cant gain match a 2 channel bud ;) only one gain knob.

cant gain match a 2 channel bud ;) only one gain knob.

Never had any experience with them just my one mono amp. :shrug:

Archived