Second Skin Audio

Help needed with Custom Enclosure for 2 Sundown Audio SA 12's

Funtoss

If someone would help me design a box for 3 sa 12s.. It's going in an extended cab colorado so Ima face them up in my back seat. I have like 44inches of space wide it can stand 22inches high and it can be 14inches deep.. I want it tuned to 36hrz can someone help it be much appreciated trying to do a nice ported box for maximum DBS

WTF are you thread jacking someone else? SMH.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

• 11 months later...
Hey Joe X,

I was viewing the thread above ^ and decided to use your advice in building my own enclosure. I ran into a question though and I was hoping you could answer it..

You gave a suggestion with the following specs,

External Enclosure Parts:

2x Front = 15 3/8 x 13

Back = 35 x 13

Left & Right Sides: 20 1/2 x 13

Top & Bottom = 35 x 22

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 18 3/8 x 13

2 x Extension = 1 11/16 x 13

For the shared port internal assembly parts, 2x extension, you said 1 11/16 x 13. Is that a mistype and the cuts should be longer? Or is that the correct cut? It just seems extremely short especially when compared to the assembly guide picture that you posted.

If you have the time to answer, I would greatly greatly appreciate it as I already began cutting my wood and just came across this problem.

Thanks so much

As noted the figure on that post is just an assembly guide so it can look somewhat different to what actually gets built, I did found that the assembly style in the cutsheet didn't match the figure and it's fixed now..

If you would like something more custom to your needs let me know amp and max dims for a box and music you listen, if you are doing this for a trunk car make sure it fits in it's way into the trunk by building a cardboard test box, if you have any other questions, let me know.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived