BEASTMODE!!!! LOL, Mechman alt just now showed up......pics, test amperage

My alts under my intake manifold.. Do I win? :/ So jelly. Finally locked down a 320amp just waiting for news of the custom bracket for it.

is it bad that before i bought my truck i looked to see where the alternator was and contacted mechman to see if a dual bracket could be made O_o

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

I cringe at the idle output

126 amps :shok:

and then at the fact of everyone looking at max output at 1800 and raving about it..

I will go back into my corner now.

:ninja:

What should it idle at?

Im more than happy having the max output at 1800, thats perfect

im not bashing but

1) our car idles around 500-600 not at the tested 800 so you are going to be getting less than that rated 126 amps at 800rpm.

2) our car also has a 3.5 to 1 engine rpm ratio which means you are going to be getting less

3) you should be more concerned as to what that alt will do at 1800 when it gets hot ;)

It's free so you honestly have nothing to complain about

edit: i also have no clue wtf i am talking about.. back to the shadows

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I cringe at the idle output

126 amps :shok:

and then at the fact of everyone looking at max output at 1800 and raving about it..

I will go back into my corner now.

What should it idle at?

Im more than happy having the max output at 1800, thats perfect

more idle output the better.

if you enjoy revving its fine

but from what ive seen the MAX output is kinda like the MAX output on an amp... you will not see it constantly at 1800rpms

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

Question:

I ordered Sky High 1/0 CCA because its all that was in stock, many runs of 1/0 should i run from the positive post on the alternator to the battery?

I was thinking 2 or 3 considering its CCA.

Opinions please and thanks!

2 should do it

My alts under my intake manifold.. Do I win? :/ So jelly. Finally locked down a 320amp just waiting for news of the custom bracket for it.

under your intake manifold? holy hell, what vehicle is it?

Chevy Aveo, lmao. Working with what I got. Planning to get loud and low. All with keeping 25mpg :)

Question:

I ordered Sky High 1/0 CCA because its all that was in stock, many runs of 1/0 should i run from the positive post on the alternator to the battery?

I was thinking 2 or 3 considering its CCA.

Opinions please and thanks!

2 should do it

OK, so on the ground from inbetween the alt and engine back to battery, should there be 2 runs of ground there also? wouldn't 2 1/0 terminals make the alt mounted off center?

Being that the 2 terminals would be on top of eachother where the alt grounds to the engine

XS-power1.jpg

Archived