CleanSierra Posted April 21, 2013 Report Posted April 21, 2013 I removed my jack a LONG time ago too man. Im know your dimensions, there's no need to re measure. You HAVE 56" between the B-pillar trim panels, and 14" in height under the window trim panel. I've measured enough for both of us, trust me. My current box is 52" wide and offset to the drivers side. I wanted clearance for the ports to fire into the pillar. I'VE got 2 3" PVC ports for 1 12" sub and it sounds great. Definitely no port noise Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
juan-lightning Posted April 21, 2013 Report Posted April 21, 2013 16" tall? Last time I worked on one of those truck it was 14.25-14.5 to the panel you have running across the back wall. What side are you putting the box? I like sub behind driver, port to passenger b pillar. removed the panel and the jack, this is far from a finished design now. Most likely going to make something to level it out. I'm going back out to my truck to remeasure everything. Oh cooool. Use more width man, you can make box little thinner but make it longer. Or you plan to keep it behind one seat? Cause I don't see those ports working even if you do 4" of external. Oh and when you do external on multiple round ports you multiply by the amount of ports you have. So you would actually have 12" of external port on that design you posted. '02 SVT Lightning Pioneer 3200dvd C&D 80ah under hood, 2 shuriken bt20's in cab PPI BlackIce 800.4, Rockford T1 6.5comps, kicker KS 5.25comps(Running both active) AQ 2200d, 2 Skar VVX-10s, 2.5@34hz, Epicenter
Krakin Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 I removed my jack a LONG time ago too man. Im know your dimensions, there's no need to re measure. You HAVE 56" between the B-pillar trim panels, and 14" in height under the window trim panel. I've measured enough for both of us, trust me. My current box is 52" wide and offset to the drivers side. I wanted clearance for the ports to fire into the pillar. I'VE got 2 3" PVC ports for 1 12" sub and it sounds great. Definitely no port noise Okay thanks a lot! I can see you will be an insane amount of help in all of this. Over the summer when I have the time I plan on removing the third seat and making a box there so i can have much easier dimensions. Or if everything works out great behind the seats I might buy a second sub, but then that means a new amp. So it's all just how things play out for that. And the 16" came from the drop off on the passenger side after jack is removed. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Krakin Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 16" tall? Last time I worked on one of those truck it was 14.25-14.5 to the panel you have running across the back wall. What side are you putting the box? I like sub behind driver, port to passenger b pillar. removed the panel and the jack, this is far from a finished design now. Most likely going to make something to level it out. I'm going back out to my truck to remeasure everything. Oh cooool. Use more width man, you can make box little thinner but make it longer. Or you plan to keep it behind one seat? Cause I don't see those ports working even if you do 4" of external. Oh and when you do external on multiple round ports you multiply by the amount of ports you have. So you would actually have 12" of external port on that design you posted. Okay I just assumed that the calculator was smarter than me and did it magically haha. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
CleanSierra Posted April 21, 2013 Report Posted April 21, 2013 No problem, happy to help as much as I can. Im currently building my blowthrough Link: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164652-progress-on-blowthrough/ Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Krakin Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 No problem, happy to help as much as I can. Im currently building my blowthrough Link: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164652-progress-on-blowthrough/ That is an amazing build tuned in for it. If i didn't have to use my full bed all the time I would love to do a blow through. But sadly I can't. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
juan-lightning Posted April 21, 2013 Report Posted April 21, 2013 There's plenty of room back there for 2 10's. Just depends how tall and how far back you like your seat lol '02 SVT Lightning Pioneer 3200dvd C&D 80ah under hood, 2 shuriken bt20's in cab PPI BlackIce 800.4, Rockford T1 6.5comps, kicker KS 5.25comps(Running both active) AQ 2200d, 2 Skar VVX-10s, 2.5@34hz, Epicenter
juan-lightning Posted April 21, 2013 Report Posted April 21, 2013 No problem, happy to help as much as I can. Im currently building my blowthrough Link: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164652-progress-on-blowthrough/ I hate you! lol I just can't convince myself to cut up my truck '02 SVT Lightning Pioneer 3200dvd C&D 80ah under hood, 2 shuriken bt20's in cab PPI BlackIce 800.4, Rockford T1 6.5comps, kicker KS 5.25comps(Running both active) AQ 2200d, 2 Skar VVX-10s, 2.5@34hz, Epicenter
Krakin Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 There's plenty of room back there for 2 10's. Just depends how tall and how far back you like your seat lol Ha there is always a good side of only being 5' 7", but I still prefer my seat back. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Krakin Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 Okay I have came up a few more designs. And would love to have ya'll look at it and help tweak/criticize as needed. First is another aero port with 2x3" ports. And from the calc at Precision Port for the right lengths. I also made up another design with a slot port just to see how much easier it would be and came up with this. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.