Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Single Skar VVX v2 10"


Krakin

Recommended Posts

Posted

Port out the side and use an elbow, should work fine. I did a box like that for a vvx1 for a buddy and sounded good. When I measured the 4" elbow it was about 8.5-9" long down the center. Post up when you get the designs going, love seeing single cab builds lol I'm gonna try stuffing a pair of 12s in my truck soon to see how much difference the cone area makes.

Do mean using the elbow inside of the box? or have it go down into the recessed area behind passenger seat?
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

478240_591118864231651_1251917553_o.jpgI was this far along into the design when I figured out that it was 27" ports with 26.5 inches of interior space...

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Doesn't look like a problem to me. Put some of the port external. Leave at least the port width from inside side wall. You shouldn't have issues with clearance OUTSIDE the box, as far as obstacles go. You're box looks similar to mine(kinda). My sub(subs) are loaded in the middle(where the center console used to be). My ports are firing at the B-pillar with plenty of clearance.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Doesn't look like a problem to me. Put some of the port external. Leave at least the port width from inside side wall. You shouldn't have issues with clearance OUTSIDE the box, as far as obstacles go. You're box looks similar to mine(kinda). My sub(subs) are loaded in the middle(where the center console used to be). My ports are firing at the B-pillar with plenty of clearance.

Yeah I figured I could just do that. But after modeling that for x amount of time I said "screw it I'll finish later."

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Port out the side and use an elbow, should work fine. I did a box like that for a vvx1 for a buddy and sounded good. When I measured the 4" elbow it was about 8.5-9" long down the center. Post up when you get the designs going, love seeing single cab builds lol I'm gonna try stuffing a pair of 12s in my truck soon to see how much difference the cone area makes.

Do mean using the elbow inside of the box? or have it go down into the recessed area behind passenger seat?

You could put it facing down. But I would put it inside the box pointing up. Will actually help with loading/unloading issues you might have with the port so close to the sub. The one I did had it inside, guy texted me today that it sounded real good lol On the long ports. That's why I told you to try a 4" port, should be a smaller but still plenty for a 10. Should be much shorter and help with the design.

'02 SVT Lightning

Pioneer 3200dvd

C&D 80ah under hood, 2 shuriken bt20's in cab

PPI BlackIce 800.4, Rockford T1 6.5comps, kicker KS 5.25comps(Running both active)

AQ 2200d, 2 Skar VVX-10s, 2.5@34hz, Epicenter

Posted

Here's the box I did. Was for an expedition and resting along the seat. Yeah I know pvc whatever, but it has worked for me lol That port measured 20-22" long, the little I heard it I didn't hear any port noise and sounded good.

28tdhfn.jpg

2d45d0.jpg

s3ly00.jpg

'02 SVT Lightning

Pioneer 3200dvd

C&D 80ah under hood, 2 shuriken bt20's in cab

PPI BlackIce 800.4, Rockford T1 6.5comps, kicker KS 5.25comps(Running both active)

AQ 2200d, 2 Skar VVX-10s, 2.5@34hz, Epicenter

Posted

That is a really nice box. And I was going to use pvc too lol. I'll mess around with the four inch port again. Just harder to design because I have to make the stupid elbow, but whatever.

I'm also liking the support you have next to the port. I'll see what I can get done on a design tonight.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

That is a really nice box. And I was going to use pvc too lol. I'll mess around with the four inch port again. Just harder to design because I have to make the stupid elbow, but whatever.

I'm also liking the support you have next to the port. I'll see what I can get done on a design tonight.

Lol yeah, when I design stuff like this with elbows and such. I just envision it in my head. Don't wanna mess around making a model of it. I just make rough measurements on sketch-up to make sure it fits LOL

'02 SVT Lightning

Pioneer 3200dvd

C&D 80ah under hood, 2 shuriken bt20's in cab

PPI BlackIce 800.4, Rockford T1 6.5comps, kicker KS 5.25comps(Running both active)

AQ 2200d, 2 Skar VVX-10s, 2.5@34hz, Epicenter

Posted

That is a really nice box. And I was going to use pvc too lol. I'll mess around with the four inch port again. Just harder to design because I have to make the stupid elbow, but whatever.

I'm also liking the support you have next to the port. I'll see what I can get done on a design tonight.

Lol yeah, when I design stuff like this with elbows and such. I just envision it in my head. Don't wanna mess around making a model of it. I just make rough measurements on sketch-up to make sure it fits LOL

I wouldn't be able to stand that. I absolutely have to have it perfect before I build it or else I'll keep finding new things I'll have to fix with it.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

With the 4" port, Really liking this design.

1 cube with 34hz tuning.

Front, Top-Right

902683_591180780892126_643659089_o.jpg

From front, top-left baffle off.

919851_591180770892127_2072294150_o.jpg

From back with back removed.

922398_591180747558796_1726816456_o.jpg

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1279 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...