Sundown Audio

Best amp for my setup?

K-Swift

I have 2 12" Alpine Type R subs, they are dual 4 ohm subs rated at 1000 RMS each and right now have them on a cheap amp and they need more power. What kind of amp should I get that fits them the best? I see on most amps they say they are like 3k but they end up putting out about half that when they are tested, I need an amp that will give me true power. They will be put into a sub box I am building now that will be tuned to 33 hz. Let me know what would fit them the best.

soundqubed 2200

crescendo 2000

your alt is only 70 amps (from what i can google) so you definitely definitely need to do the big 3 and get an extra group 31 battery for the trunk. and absolutely watch your voltage with a volt meter attached to the amp itself, because if it drops too low then you'll fuck things up, stereo-wise.

a planet audio bb2400.1 will slam them subs! are then the new type Rs? cuz i dont remember them being 1000rms, but just be cautious if they start stinkin

lol..... Go with what Kranny said. Can be bought used for about 200-300. I picked up a AQ2200 (SQ2200) for 220

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Archived