Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4 sundown sa 12s 97 ranger box help


Recommended Posts

Posted

You got me thinking outside the box! :) before rebuilding anything you may want to try reverse mounting the subs, just by doing that your box would become 6.7 cubes net to 33.9 Hz AND optimal cooling (which I don't think is an issue at the power level you have now), if you liked the results you would know what to expect from such rebuild.

Posted

Ahhh I see Damn good idea I should give it a try just to see how the results sound before I decide on starting another enclosure or not

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Posted

Definitely not trying to jack the thread but this is perfect for what i'm looking for, (been looking everywhere lol) got two AQ sdc2.5 15's on a 2100watt crunch mono at 1ohm in my ranger, box is 39" wide 161/2""deep and 24" tall, with a port 16inches long in the middle and maybe like 3-4inches wide. anyways im wondering if i could build a box to make them sound louder, or if this is optimal and also, when i go to put 4in, what kind box/wall should i build, should it be like the one deadly hertzz has now?

P.S. this is video of the setup now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTeDORH9bfc

Posted

Personally if I was gonna run 4 15s id wall it which is what I plan for mine in the future too

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5337 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...