Voltage issue.... help?

might have to dig out o see which shop can test it correctly around here... not something i can do myself?

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

You can. You just need a load tester. The napa by my house has a bench tester - bring the alt in and they test it out of the car. Helps isolate if it's an alt issue or something else

You can. You just need a load tester. The napa by my house has a bench tester - bring the alt in and they test it out of the car. Helps isolate if it's an alt issue or something else

Hmmm.... getting the alt in/out of the car is a PITA. But if it comes down to it I can. Was reading that somewhere that local retail auto parts store can't really test out alt properly.... true/false?

Speaking of which, Mr. Singer responded that it could be the belt that is slipping as well. I really need to check on it later.

Powered by: Sundown Audio

It really depends on how they test it. They need to put a load on it for a couple seconds an measure what it puts out. Some places do that, other places plug some dinky little probe into the battery that really only reads the voltage but not the amperage

Yeah. Call ahead and find out. I'm not sure if they all do it

Yeah. Call ahead and find out. I'm not sure if they all do it

Cool... I'll call to find out. I check the resting voltage on these batteries and all seems to be holding it fine: 12.99v; 12.86v; 13.0v. There is no belt debris around alternator. Alternator belt seems slightly looser compare to my AC & Power steering belt. I'm going to let the batteries sit for another night and check again tomorrow after work. If they hold up, I'll get going with tighten the belt a little more before re-installing all the batteries.