Carbon Fiber. Use this forum to show off your custom parts

Yes Crandis. First Look up How to wrap your own parts in Carbon Fiber in YouTube. there are several vids on this topic. then find a composite store that sells the fibers and resins you need. Buy what you can afford and start off Really Small untill you get the hang of it. Maybe try it out on an object that you don't really need just in case you fowl up. And Practice

what type of resin is used i would really like to try this. i already have the cf wrap

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

Yes Crandis. First Look up How to wrap your own parts in Carbon Fiber in YouTube. there are several vids on this topic. then find a composite store that sells the fibers and resins you need. Buy what you can afford and start off Really Small untill you get the hang of it. Maybe try it out on an object that you don't really need just in case you fowl up. And Practice

what type of resin is used i would really like to try this. i already have the cf wrap

When you say you have the cf wrap. I hope you don't mean Carbon fiber Vinyl. That won't work. it will wrinkle when the resin starts heating up. If you mean Real Carbon Fiber. Use Epoxy Resin And Top it of with Automotive Clear Coat with UV Protection.

• 1 month later...

Archived