Sonic Electronix

Thanks for the replies. I know it's not that big of a deal but I don't want my other electronics to suffer or torture the heck out of my alternator. I guess I am just disappointed more than anything. I figured I would have gotten better results with such an upgrade. I might go with a HO Alternator from Mechman to prevent such voltage drop.

Are u running that 2200rms amp at this point? If so what amp.

Not exactly at this point. I am still waiting on the delivery of my woofers. I just want to make sure everything is in order before I start the install.

Fosgate T-1500-1bd and Fosgate P10003XD

lol the big 3 just allows current to flow easier between the alt and battery. you're lucky you even gained voltage. some people dont at all. 7 feet of wire doesn't perform miracles.

you dont want to stress the stock alt? then buy a 200+ amp one.

you are literally being disappointed at nothing.

I figured as much. I have been looking really hard at a 240A from Mechman. I figured this would be enough to protect my battery and supply the proper charging voltage. I only did "The big 2". Room was super tight in this new car so I skipped the engine to chassis run. I don't think it will make that much of a difference will it? There is a small grounding strap on the top of the engine. I might just replace it with some 8 gauge or something.

7 feet was all I needed to make this upgrade. I BARELY got the alternator nut to go back on once the ring terminal was added. It took a few minutes to get it to thread properly. I had to modify the factory ring as well. Hope the dealership doesn't give me any shit over it when I take my car in for free oil changes..lol

Thanks for the replies. I know it's not that big of a deal but I don't want my other electronics to suffer or torture the heck out of my alternator. I guess I am just disappointed more than anything. I figured I would have gotten better results with such an upgrade. I might go with a HO Alternator from Mechman to prevent such voltage drop.

Are u running that 2200rms amp at this point? If so what amp.

Not exactly at this point. I am still waiting on the delivery of my woofers. I just want to make sure everything is in order before I start the install.

Fosgate T-1500-1bd and Fosgate P10003XD

lol the big 3 just allows current to flow easier between the alt and battery. you're lucky you even gained voltage. some people dont at all. 7 feet of wire doesn't perform miracles.

you dont want to stress the stock alt? then buy a 200+ amp one.

you are literally being disappointed at nothing.

I figured as much. I have been looking really hard at a 240A from Mechman. I figured this would be enough to protect my battery and supply the proper charging voltage. I only did "The big 2". Room was super tight in this new car so I skipped the engine to chassis run. I don't think it will make that much of a difference will it? There is a small grounding strap on the top of the engine. I might just replace it with some 8 gauge or something.

7 feet was all I needed to make this upgrade. I BARELY got the alternator nut to go back on once the ring terminal was added. It took a few minutes to get it to thread properly. I had to modify the factory ring as well. Hope the dealership doesn't give me any shit over it when I take my car in for free oil changes..lol

With you not changing your stock Alt yet no you won't see very much if you do that wire from chasis to engine. When you get the HO Alt in though I'd recommend doing it because it will make a difference at that point.

I always hear from other ppl on truck forums how I did mine and I tell them all the same thing and have pics of how I did it. Pics are below:

img1253kr.jpg

First Positive from Battery to fuse holder, and then wire from fuse holder to alt. Then Battery ground to engine.

img1259j.jpg

Then from Engine to Chasis:

img1255lv.jpg

img1258ft.jpg

Boom I was done.

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

Archived