I resin any MDF before I paint it. It just soaks up so much damn paint that it pisses me off. After sanding and primer etc it gets pretty good results I think.

I'm doing som PC speakers for my stepdad, gloss black with harley bar/shield on the side in orange, when I finish them I will post up some pic son the forum.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Oil based paint is all you should be using.

Water based paint is going to ruin the mdf. I primed with oil based primer, then went and bedlined the box.

It's not that the mdf is ruined, I actually had good results when I originally sanded with 80, then primed with latex base primer, 120, prime, 220, prime, 400 wetsand. Then it ended up sitting for about a week cuz I didn't have any time to work on it but after the wetsand it was completely smooth. It's just when I tried applying the actual latex based paint at this point that the paint itself came out shitty.

I resin any MDF before I paint it. It just soaks up so much damn paint that it pisses me off. After sanding and primer etc it gets pretty good results I think.

I'm doing som PC speakers for my stepdad, gloss black with harley bar/shield on the side in orange, when I finish them I will post up some pic son the forum.

Would love to see some pics, I still need to figure out what I'm going to do to the front of my wall. Really considering some sort of fabric now tbh, I get the feeling it's a lot less labor intensive and a lot less frustrating/harder to mess up

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Water based paint is going to ruin the mdf. I primed with oil based primer, then went and bedlined the box.

It's not that the mdf is ruined, I actually had good results when I originally sanded with 80, then primed with latex base primer, 120, prime, 220, prime, 400 wetsand. Then it ended up sitting for about a week cuz I didn't have any time to work on it but after the wetsand it was completely smooth. It's just when I tried applying the actual latex based paint at this point that the paint itself came out shitty.

Would love to see some pics, I still need to figure out what I'm going to do to the front of my wall. Really considering some sort of fabric now tbh, I get the feeling it's a lot less labor intensive and a lot less frustrating/harder to mess up

I'm wrapping mine in fur just so I don't have to paint lol...fugh painting large stuff I will post pics sometime next week ..i get very little time to work on those I should have them done by then though

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I'm wrapping mine in fur just so I don't have to paint lol...fugh painting large stuff I will post pics sometime next week ..i get very little time to work on those I should have them done by then though

Sounds good man, please do feel free to post the pics. I'd certainly be interested in seeing how it turns out! :drinks:

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I always had issues with the MDF soaking up spray can paint. I started using white 3M glazing putty in a tube. It's really for automotive but i've had great results with it.

I used some home oil based primer. 2 coats and that was it? I'm painting on it now no issues. Doesn't soak up at all

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived