Second Skin Audio

4th order port tuning

Sadly I'm a Mac user... Gotta convince the gf to use her laptop ;)

Virtualization! , you can run windows inside a mac, get virtual box (for free) and then you can install windows on it, after that, you can run WinIsd, Torres or whatever.

Just don't think you can run anything graphically intensive efficiently while in virtual box. I had installed it on my Mac because I had read all the scares of partitioning my drive for it. The customization of the resources virtual box can use is amazing. But the reason that graphical programs don't work that well is because the program has to make its own artificial gpu to run it. While your physical gpu can only power one operating system (OSX). Virtual box is great if you like using OSX, but I found that in my own usage windows is better for me. CAD programs and gaming being the reason.

The only downside to Boot Camp (last I know of don't ever touch my OSX) is that once you have your partition made you have to make a whole new one to change the capacity of it. Which in Virtual box you change all the resources, I believe at any time.

Virtualbox does not require partitioning your disk, it just creates a file that sits in your host operating system wherever you want to place it, and yes graphically intensive tasks are not handled well for now but anything like WinISD, Torres and such will be handled without any problems as I have tested them to work.

Archived