RyanJ Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 Quick Question, can these subs get decently loud if put in the right custom box / amp? In other words, could these be good budget subs. I just gave my Sa-15 to my brother for his college graduation gift, and I was just looking for some budget subs that will just give me some bump for the mean time. They seem to have a decent review, and they're cheaper then CVR's so I was just wondering if they can get loud if built / done properly. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Jessica Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 what? Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Jessica Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 I owned a pair, they did fine in a sealed box, better in a ported box. I think you will like them. For the money i don't see anything better out there. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
RyanJ Posted May 1, 2013 Author Report Posted May 1, 2013 I owned a pair, they did fine in a sealed box, better in a ported box. I think you will like them. For the money i don't see anything better out there. I seen some videos and they seem pretty decent for the price. 50$ for 1? I can live with it. Lol but if I did get them, I was going to just buy 2 and build a custom ported box tuned to around 33 hz. I'm not looking for super SPL from like DD's or AA's or something, just an extra kick until I have the money to ACTUALLY make a REAL build. But these are decent for the price? MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
RyanJ Posted May 1, 2013 Author Report Posted May 1, 2013 And how many did you run / what amp if I may ask. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Jessica Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
RyanJ Posted May 1, 2013 Author Report Posted May 1, 2013 Did you like the kenwood amp? Or is there a better amp out there to match 2 12s? MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Jessica Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 i wouldnt get the kenwood amp. They run hot. even after i put the dd-1 on it it would still overheat and drop out. Find something better. edit: although,if you put a fan on it, it will do fine. But you still can do better Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Joe X Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 Get an E15 and use the same box for a temp setup. No kenwood amps I guess even a Hifonics would be better.
RyanJ Posted May 1, 2013 Author Report Posted May 1, 2013 Get an E15 and use the same box for a temp setup. No kenwood amps I guess even a Hifonics would be better. The E15 would be better then the 2 kens? I have a 05 Accord and my backseats fold down, so I'm going to have a ported facing back seats. And I gave my amp to my brother too, so I have to buy another amp . MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.