Second Skin Audio

box build for 15 inch kicker L7

i am trying to make a box for my brothers 15 inch l7 i want to make a vented box. he has it running on a kicker zx 550.2. hes prob gonna upgrade to a bigger amp soon but for now thats what he has in a 03 monte carlo. i made a box on RE box calculator and this is what i have. please leave ant comments or advice thanks,

box width - 32 inchs

height 15

depth 28

3/4 MDF will be used

port width 5 inchs

port length- 22.25

2 port length- 15

box voluime- 4.5 cubes

tuned to 27 hz

please let me knoiw if this looks good and the tuning is good. i understand the the sub is really big and the sub displacement will bring the volume down but the box seems big enough to me. and the tunning might be a little low. but let me know thanks

i was thinking the tuning was pretty low. when you put the sub in the box does it make the hz change at all? and i was thinking it is pretty big. his trunk dimensions are 32wide, 34 deep, and 16 tall. but would you say around 30 hz would be good?

Post the max measure of his trunk as if box is square or at 90deg all round

What does he want to archive sq, spl mix if both

What music does he like

And how much future power does he plan(idd recommend 1k clean true power

So aim for 1- 1.2k

33 wide 35 deep 16 tall. he wants more sq in this box since the one he has now is loud but has no sq. but i would still aim for both. he listens to only rap and lower hitting songs. he is prob gonna get a hifonics brz 1200. which can give out a clean 1000. i just downloaded torres so if u could help me out with the demensions i would appreciate it

Archived