It will idle sometimes lower than 800 rpms. I notice it less when i let my truck warm up a min before leaving. Also when i have the ac on it idles lower.

2006 Chevy Trailblazer ~ KX 1200.1 ~ 2 Skar VVX 15" ~Big 3 upgrade ~ Pioneer AVH 4100 ~ 275 Amp Singer Alt ~ PRV 6.5 front doors~ 6000K Hids

As previously mentioned in another topic on here http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167584-just-installed-a-avbm-and-d3400-now-my-truck-idles-rough-then-dies/#entry2446348 jmsonoma03 had the same issue with his after he disconnected the battery. Mine was an expensive trip but it turns out the throttle body really was bad plus the plugs are rated for 100k miles and mine were at 106k so it was time to replace them and I figured to go and do it while they cleaned out my injectors with nitrous and had to replace my smog pump EGR valve. So the whole "you need to replace your plugs and throttle body" is bullshit. Its all just because your throttle body is ALWAYS neglected and never cleaned so all that carbon build up makes it so that the PCM learns where it needs to keep the throttle plate in order to keep the engine idling. As it gets more and more carbon built up the throttle plate has to stay open further and further than before. When you pull the battery it loses track of how far it needs to tell the throttle plate to open up to keep it idling right so it goes back to the factory position of being nearly completely closed off which chokes the engine. Now sometimes it could be bad plugs but that is not the problem after just yanking the battery. The ONLY problem that results from pulling the battery is the computer learning the new positions for the throttle body so it can idle just fine. You can pull the battery all day any day without issues ONLY if you have a clean throttle body. If its built up with carbon or gummed up then you will have idling and other air/fuel mixture related issues. It is easier though to just take a car battery or charger and hook it up to the positive terminal that goes to the rear fuse box under the 2nd row seat and then ground it out the negative of the battery or charger to the bolts that hold down the seats but you need to be careful that you don't short out the positive wires of the alt or battery during the switch as they will be live and will arc if you short them and can cause electrical problems.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Hmm so it's alright to take off the battery plus I have 91k miles on it and I don't want anything to fuck up on it if I take out the battery

It doesn't mean shit how old the truck is or how long you have had it. Its all about the clean throttle body. If yours is filthy like mine and sonoma's were then you will have this issue guaranteed. If you clean the TB then hook the battery up it will still have idle issues while it learns where it can keep the TB position at to still keep the engine idling at its normal speed of around 650 rpm's when the engine is hot. Again easiest route is to just hookup another battery or charger to either one of the fuse boxes since they have a fusible link you can hook to either one as it will send power from one to the other. That way you can still use your filthy TB and not have to worry about re-learning the new throttle positions after you reset the PCM.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Again just like Sonoma said. In fact just to make your life easier here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdvgsaDmkac As for connecting the charger to the fuse box if you pop off the cover on either the front or rear fuse box you will notice that where the fuse box faces towards the front of the truck that there is a thick solid-red wire. This is the fuses +12v wire so connect the positive output of your charger or battery to this spot. The ground or - terminal of the charger can be connected to the chassis of the vehicle. If you go into the engine to use that fuse block just connect the ground wire to the engine, frame, or any other place that is grounded.

Again if you are cleaning the TB you HAVE to disconnect your battery to reset the memory for where your PCM has learned over the years to keep the throttlebody opened at. If you clean the TB and DON'T remove the power from the PCM then when you reinstall the cleaned TB you will have very high idle speeds and erratic acceleration issues. If you don't clean the TB and remove the battery then you will have poor or no idle and poor performance.

Archived