Second Skin Audio

Would like advice for a noob

I have a 2012 Jeep grand cherokee that I would like to add subs to. Im ok with giving up half of my cargo space as long as i could still pack stuff onto the box for road trips. I was wondering since space is a concearn, should i go with 6 (10") or 4 (12")? Any thoughts?

My Goal is to get loud.

Only want to go to about 6k watts.

Music of choice: Metal and Bass (ex Emmure, Acacia Strain)

Thanks guys

:shrug::noob:

You need to post max dimensions you have to work with, that will help the most. Are you deleting the back seat? 4 12's is going to be about 9 to 10 cuft internally including the port. Plus the wood thickness. Which of course will need to be double layered all the way around at least for that kind of power.

That big of a box you will probably have to go subs up port back and the eliminated the idea of putting luggage on top.

Anyway, there are a few guys here that design boxes free. They might chime in. Welcome to the forum.

edit,

grammar

For that vehicle, I think your 6 (10") or 4 (12") would fit, but you'd be giving up a lot more than "half" of your space. I mean, look at some of people's builds on here for vehicles similar to yours and while most on here go with bigger sizes, you'll see the amount of room things take up.

I know for my car, it's a car and nowhere near the space you have but I have 2 12's and my trunk is 90% full. Fit few small boxes back there and that's it. So... just look around and see what people do as far as subs and the space it requires. Not sure you can achieve 6 10's or 4 12's and only give up about half, without removing rear seats.

Sheena = pedobear

Best bet

Post max meserments in every direction

Then post what u want use of that

Then see what fits from there

Budget will also play a big part as well

And also don't rule out anything smaller then 10"

Because on cuft to output you'll get more for less with small stuff

You could do 8x 8" in 4.5-5net on 6k and be screamen loud and fit if to half the cargo area

I have 8 10's, and have also have had 6 10's in a 03 jeep.. Took up every space in cargo except 4 inches for port from rear hatch.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Archived