need sound driver, Help Please

alright i screwed up.

i was cleaning out all kinds of aol junk that is loaded on the computer from the factory or wherever. and all kinds of shit taking up space that isnt needed.

well in the process i accidently removed the audio driver from "add/remove programs" in the control panel

the computer is an "eMachines t3410"

they give you a recovery disc which i cant find right now and prolly doesnt have what i need anyway

so if anyone knows how to help me out here so i can get sound on the computer again, id really appreciate it

Thanks

First try this..

right click on my computer, goto properties, a new window will open up, click on the hardware tab, click on device manager and another new window will pop up.

On the new window that pops up "device manager" scroll through it, and see if you see anything with a bold yellow questionmark. Things with the big bold yellow question mark mean that they are not working because they are missing drivers. So you should see at least one for your missing sound driver. It should look something like this in my thumbnail here. Posted Image

Only yours will say sound, Im missing my usb drivers for my extra hookups that I dont use and dont have installed which is why there is a questionmark by my usb drivers.

Once you find the yellow question mark, click on it, it should say something to do with sound of some sort.

Another new window will pop up, in the new window you will want to click on the tab that says "DRIVER".

On the new driver tab, there should be a button to click on that says update driver, click on it.

Another window will pop open, it is the hardware update wizard, make sure the box is highlighted that says "install software automaticlly", click next. It will now search your pc for the drivers needed.

If it finds the drivers, it will automaticlly install them.

Chances are if it is a emachine it will be using generic sound drivers, and will most likly be supported by windows xp.

If it does not find the drivers it may ask you if you would like to search the internet for the drivers, click yes and it shall do that for you and get the right drivers.

If it fails, keep reading.

Do you know if you have an onboard soundcard, or is it a pci slot card. Onboard soundcards mean it is built into your motherboard (most pcs have onboard sound, and somepeople just dont use it, and use a better higher quailty pci card, example I run a nvida onboard, and a creative pci card).

To know if its onboard, just look at the back of your pc where everything plugs in at. If your mic and headset plugs in by your printer port, video port (if its onboard video), lan cable (unless you use wireless, or have a network card), usb ports, serial ports, etc.. you will have an onboard sound card.

If your mic and headset plugs are towards the bottom of your case, you have a pci card.

Once you got that figured out, your going to want to find the model number and company who made the card and search their site for drivers, then download them and install them.

If it is an onboard sound card, you may need to look at your motherboard for a number of somesort and company and check the their site for drivers.

Just because the case says emachines, dosent meant they manufactured all the parts that are inside it..

You can also try searching emachines site for sound drivers, but yo may have to know the actually motherboard info or pci soundcard info to get the right drivers. Not all drivers are the same and most times if its the wrong driver it wont work, or wont work correctly.

Hopefully that helped, and my fingers are sore from typing all this crap... LoL

Good luck!

ok the  8-in-1 Media Card Reader Update

wouldnt do aynthing. could only download and extract it nothing else

the other NVIDIA nForce chipset and network drivers for FIC K8MC51G motherboard

is a firewall, still no audio

if its onboard sound, it should be in the chipset drivers it usally covers all that, since onboard is part of the chipset, chipset covers onboard video, onboard sound, onboard lan, memory drivers, usb drivers, hdd drivers, northbridge drivers, the whole sh!t and nine yards. lol...

Did you goto your device manager, and do what I said?

If not try that once.

It looks like it is using ac97, just for giggles go here.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

then select platform/nforce drivers, move to the box to the right, scroll down and select nforce audio drivers, and in the 3rd box select your operating system. click go, download and install. Its a good driver, and it may work, and has a real nice eq and spectrum analyzer.

let me know if it works.

ive downloaded that earlier and no audio.

in device manager it says "multimedia audio controller" wih the yellow !

under properties it says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

Thanks

Archived