DylanBunch Posted May 2, 2013 Report Posted May 2, 2013 Im stuck on what ohm speakers I should buy and how to wire them all to my 4 channel. Im gonna get 2 nendo ft1s and I think 4 sundown neopros (definitely 4 mids). My amp is a kicker 350.4 that does 60x4 @ 4 ohms and 90x4 @ 2 ohms. The amp puts out more than rated (445 total rms) so I dont know what speakers I should wire it parallel and what speakers not to. I need help lol 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
skittlesRgood Posted May 2, 2013 Report Posted May 2, 2013 two neos on channel 1 and two on channel 2. both speakers in a pair should go to the same side of the car (channel 1 is drivers side, for example.) then hook up your tweets to channel 3 and 4. for ohm load, it pretty simple. two coils in parallel will be half the resistance so you want two 4ohm coils to equal 2ohm. BTW, your birth sheet you're quoting lied to you. unless you "listen" to non reactive resistors. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
DylanBunch Posted May 2, 2013 Author Report Posted May 2, 2013 Lol yeah ive heard the birthsheets arent accurate for real world usage but I was stating it as a way to let you know it does more than rated. Cause its rated at 60x4 @ 4 and its blowing my 65 watt fosgates. And im not using the gain as a volume knob either lol 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
DylanBunch Posted May 2, 2013 Author Report Posted May 2, 2013 Lol yeah ive heard the birthsheets arent accurate for real world usage but I was stating it as a way to let you know it does more than rated. Cause its rated at 60x4 @ 4 and its blowing my 65 watt fosgates. And im not using the gain as a volume knob either lol so should I get 8 ohm neos and 4 ohm tweeters? 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
skittlesRgood Posted May 2, 2013 Report Posted May 2, 2013 I ran 500w to a 100w 6.5" for years. its not the amp doing more than rated power, its your settings. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
the moose Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 you could use a set of 100 hz bass blockers on your woofers. these are actually . non polarized capacitors dimple Fire will not see the load in ohms, heck... if you're running a sub, you can use them all your speakers 1974 VW Beetle 2- JL Audio 10w08 subs in ported fiberglass enclosure Hifonics ZRXLP 6.5C (fronts) Hifonics HRC 5.2C (rears) 500w Crunch powerzone amp (subs) 600w Crunch powerone amp (components) 3 farad power acoustics cap. head unit- Planet Audio P385UA Boss eq 1208
the moose Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 skip the dimple fire, it was. supposed to say '' the amplifier will not see the ohm load.'' the bass is probably killing your speakers because of either halving the ohm rating or not crossing them over correctly, so why not try the bass blockers?Also, if you run an 8 ohm load expect to get half of the power (watts) that the amplifier is supposed to put out for 4 ohms. 1974 VW Beetle 2- JL Audio 10w08 subs in ported fiberglass enclosure Hifonics ZRXLP 6.5C (fronts) Hifonics HRC 5.2C (rears) 500w Crunch powerzone amp (subs) 600w Crunch powerone amp (components) 3 farad power acoustics cap. head unit- Planet Audio P385UA Boss eq 1208
skittlesRgood Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 you could use a set of 100 hz bass blockers on your woofers. these are actually . non polarized capacitors dimple Fire will not see the load in ohms, heck... if you're running a sub, you can use them all your speakers instead of using the crossover on the amp, why??? If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Hugh G. Rection Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 I ran 500w to a 100w 6.5" for years. its not the amp doing more than rated power, its your settings. very curious what the nominal load was vs the reactive load..... Owner of BigAss Ports
skittlesRgood Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 I ran 500w to a 100w 6.5" for years. its not the amp doing more than rated power, its your settings. very curious what the nominal load was vs the reactive load..... I'll let it eat at you. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.