Jump to content

how to wire 6 speakers to a 4 channel


DylanBunch

Recommended Posts

Posted

you could use a set of 100 hz bass blockers on your woofers. these are actually . non polarized capacitors dimple Fire will not see the load in ohms, heck... if you're running a sub, you can use them all your speakers

instead of using the crossover on the amp, why???
Bass blockers will filter out bass below we'll say 100 Hz for example, and when you put them in series with your speaker, the amplifier will not read your speaker in ohms .

As for the mid driver tweeter setup with using 4 channels, why not save the other two channels for two other full range/mid bass/midrange speakers instead of placing just tweeters on them only . Saves having to buy yet another amp for more speakers.

1974 VW Beetle

2- JL Audio 10w08 subs in ported fiberglass enclosure

Hifonics ZRXLP 6.5C (fronts)

Hifonics HRC 5.2C (rears)

500w Crunch powerzone amp (subs)

600w Crunch powerone amp (components)

3 farad power acoustics cap.

head unit- Planet Audio P385UA

Boss eq 1208

Posted

I ran 500w to a 100w 6.5" for years. its not the amp doing more than rated power, its your settings.

very curious what the nominal load was vs the reactive load.....

I'll let it eat at you.

it wont

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

I ran 500w to a 100w 6.5" for years. its not the amp doing more than rated power, its your settings.

very curious what the nominal load was vs the reactive load.....

I'll let it eat at you.

it wont

good. I was worried about you.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

I ran 500w to a 100w 6.5" for years. its not the amp doing more than rated power, its your settings.

very curious what the nominal load was vs the reactive load.....

I'll let it eat at you.

it wont

good. I was worried about you.

curiosity doesnt = worry

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

I ran 500w to a 100w 6.5" for years. its not the amp doing more than rated power, its your settings.

very curious what the nominal load was vs the reactive load.....

I'll let it eat at you.

it wont

good. I was worried about you.

curiosity doesnt = worry

I was worried it would eat at you and keep you up at night. Just worried about your health man. it means I care :friends:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

you could use a set of 100 hz bass blockers on your woofers. these are actually . non polarized capacitors dimple Fire will not see the load in ohms, heck... if you're running a sub, you can use them all your speakers

instead of using the crossover on the amp, why???

You can still use the crossover on the amp but this is concerning overheating your amp from too low of an ohm reading ( anything under 2 ohms per channel or depending on the specs of your amp.) Most amplifiers a few years ago were only 4 ohm stable, now they are mostly 2 ohm stable per channel in the non bridged mode. So if the op wants to connect two 4 ohm speakers in parallel if the amplifier specs say it is safe to use a 2 ohm load (4ohm/2=2ohms) and they double the output of the amp. Now if they run their speakers in series they double the ohm load to 8 ohms (4ohmsx2=8ohms) and they half the wattage output of the amp also. If the op wants to run let's say... 3 - 6.5 speakers per channel, I would use a bass blocker on at least one of them . You could make one or two into a mid bass driver/s starting at the mid bass range. Now most coaxials have one or two midrange/tweeters incorporated within the woofer, these midrange/tweeters normally come with a capacitor already soldered onto them . If they didn't the ohm rating would be effected greatly. I'd use a bass blocker filter or a non polarized capacitor crossed over at 100hz would be 398 uf @ 4ohms.. or 199uf @ 8ohms ...I'm just saying the amp won't notice the change in ohms and the other speakers will be saved from any subsonic bass tones especially if they want to run multiple speakers per channel in a full range setup woofer /mid bass/ midrange and/or tweeter.. Also get a tweeter with an spl of 95dbs or better this way you can start off @ +3dbs or so over the mid and work your way down by adding a 2-4 ohm resistor to reduce them to 0 or -3 dbs if you need to. I know this sounds old school but it works.

here's a good site that I use http://www.the12volt.com/

1974 VW Beetle

2- JL Audio 10w08 subs in ported fiberglass enclosure

Hifonics ZRXLP 6.5C (fronts)

Hifonics HRC 5.2C (rears)

500w Crunch powerzone amp (subs)

600w Crunch powerone amp (components)

3 farad power acoustics cap.

head unit- Planet Audio P385UA

Boss eq 1208

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 971 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...