Sonic Electronix

Sure. its got on hell of a wide dispersion tweeter, so it should carry the mids and highs out to a crowd. I have an "Acoustic Audio" concert/DJ speaker its an 18" woofer 4" mid and a 18" wide dispersion tweet. Even on minimal power (im running off a Sharp 250 watt stereo, getting 125 watts) the highs hurt my ears from the next room away.

Hope i helped some

8v fury said:

ive only messed with them for computer speakers and never really liked the quality.

the sound was decent for the price just for some reason the construction never felt i dunno "rugged" enough

I've played them reeeeeealy loud and I was suprised that they kept up quality wise, so I haven't had a problem with that. But yea, they aren't to rugged so I beafed mine up with extra supports and such.

Original Altec speakers from days gone by are some of the best speakers/cabinets you can buy. A good friend of mine, Murray Keidge, owner/operator of CPC Productions, uses an entire Altec system combined with an Electro-Voice X-Array for 5000+ concerts, and I will tell you, never have I heard a system so powerful yet clear. You know a PA System means business when the dual 18" cabs naturally get down to 22hz. The modern A7 is a copy of the original that found use in studio's as reference monitors and were the only commercial speakers that were approved by the Research Council at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

This speaker is designed to be a theatre speaker, with very flat response and good dispersion. I would be careful when using this as a DJ speaker. DJ'ing puts a lot of strain on speakers, as almost all songs are played heavily compressed with boosted low end at loud volume. I believe you should try it at a gig, but keep your ears on the sound and your eyes on the VU meters. Please, don't go into 'Red Light Valley' with these speakers.

(edit: I can't spell for shit.)

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320